Winners and NomineesEdit
The following is the list of winners and nominees.
|Best Graphics and Sound|
|Best Theme, Fun|
|Best Play Control|
|Best Player vs. Player|
Total number of nominationsEdit
The following lists the number of nominations for each game.
- Blaster Master - 6 nominations
- Bionic Commando - 5 nominations
- Super Mario Bros. 2 - 5 nominations
- Metroid - 4 nominations
- Zelda II: The Adventure of Link - 4 nominations
- Castlevania II: Simon's Quest - 3 nominations
- Castlevania - 3 nominations
- Golgo 13 - 3 nominations
- Double Dragon - 2 nominations
- Wizards & Warriors - 2 nominations
- The Legend of Zelda - 2 nominations
- Hudson's Adventure Island - 2 nominations
- Blades of Steel - 2 nominations
- Mega Man - 2 nominations
- Solomon's Key - 1 nomination
- Bases Loaded - 1 nomination
- Pro Wrestling - 1 nomination
- Double Dribble - 1 nomination
- Wheel of Fortune - 1 nomination
- Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! - 1 nomination
Total number of awardsEdit
The following lists the number of awards for each game.
- Super Mario Bros. 2 - 3 awards
- Zelda II: The Adventure of Link - 2 awards
- Castlevania II: Simon's Quest - 1 award
- The Legend of Zelda - 1 award
- Blades of Steel - 1 award
Readers of the magazine were presented with the list of nominees in Nintendo Power volume 5. It was a time before the internet, so votes had to be cast by sending in the postcard that was included within the pages of the magazine. The votes were then tallied and announced in the pages of Nintendo Power volume 6.
- These Awards were also known as the "Nester Awards", or simply just the "Nesters".
- Games that had been released more than a year prior, such as The Legend of Zelda and Mega Man, were included in these nominations.
- It was a time before the internet, so votes had to be cast by mailing in the postcard that was included within the pages of the magazine.