An Amp from Super Mario 64.
|First game||Super Mario 64|
Amps are enemies in the Mario series. They are black spheres that shoot out electricity that first appeared in the game Super Mario 64 for the Nintendo 64. They would usually spin around in a circle, and if you touched one, you'd get shocked. They are impossible to defeat, and you can only avoid them. It next appeared in the Mario Party Series, followed by Super Mario 64 DS, and New Super Mario Bros.
In the Mario Party series, they were renamed Zap.
As stated above, they are black spheres. Each one is slightly bigger than Mario's head. Electricity is constantly orbiting around them, indicating that if anything touches them, they will get shocked. They also have a mouth and two red eyes.
List of appearances
- Super Mario 64 - They appear on some of Bowser's stages, where they will spin around.
- Mario Party Series - In this successful series, they will appear in orb form, and will be called Zap rather than Amp.
- Super Mario 64 DS - A remake of Super Mario 64. His role is the same.
- New Super Mario Bros. - A minor enemy on some stages. They are only found when Mario is on a wall. You can only defeat them with a Star or getting supermassive with Mega Mushroom.
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Same as above.