|Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival|
|Developer(s)|| Nintendo EAD2|
|ESRB PEGI CERO ACB|
Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival is a board game spinoff of the Animal Crossing series for the Wii U. It ultilizes amiibo as the player pieces with Happy Home Designer's amiibo cards activating minigames. The many events and activities of Animal Crossing are incorporated as board events. The game can be downloaded for free on the Wii U eShop and the physical version is bundled with 2 amiibo figures and a few amiibo cards
The main game is a lite version of Mario Party. Players travel around a board generating happiness and Bells with the former being worth much more in the end. The players move by rolling a dice via tapping their amiibo. Depending on the space they land on, an event will occur based on events in the games and gain or lose stuff respective to the space their landed on. Instead of different boards, the players play in different months with different village-wide events.
The game supports all the Animal Crossing series figures.These are the player characters.
- Isabelle (Winter)
- Tom Nook
- K.K. Slider
- Timmy & Tommy Nook
- Isabelle (Summer)
After finishing a game, the happy points can be stored on an amiibo to unlock customizations for future games.
Card & Minigames
The game is compatible with all series of Animal Crossing series amiibo cards. They are mainly used in minigames. There are 8 of which in total, listed below;
- Desert Island Escape (one player, three amiibo cards)
- Acorn Chase (one player, three amiibo cards)
- Quiz Show (one to four players, amiibo card for each player)
- Balloon Island (one to four players, 1+ amiibo card(s))
- Mystery Campers (one player, six amiibo cards)
- Fruit Path (two to four players, 1+ amiibo card(s))
- amiibo Card Battle (two to four players, six amiibo cards)
- Resetti Bop (one player, three amiibo cards)