Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Animal Crossing: New Leaf|
|ESRB PEGI CERO ACB|
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (とびだせどうぶつの森 Tobidase Dōbutsu no Mori, lit. "Jump Out Animal Forest") is a life simulation video game released in 2013 for the Nintendo 3DS. The seventh game in the Animal Crossing series, the game maintains much of the same game play from previous titles. Unlike previous titles, the character takes on the role of mayor of the town, and with help of the villagers and secretary Isabelle, it will be their job to make the town a better place to live.
The game utilizes StreetPass by using other players’ houses that have been picked up by StreetPass as a model in the new real estate section of the town. A new feature, Dream Mode, allows players to dream about other players' towns and explore them using a Dream Address or randomly. The game features delivery of exclusive items through SpotPass. Animal Crossing: New Leaf was announced in 2010. The release date for the JP was 8th November 2012, KOR was 7th February 2013, NA was 9th June 2013, EU was 14th June 2013, and AU was 15th June 2013.
Differences from previous Animal Crossing games
- You are the Mayor.
- In the first three games, the characters were short and slightly plump while in this game, it appears that all characters are tall and thin.
- There are now park benches and lamp posts around the player's town, and the Player can build more.
- The Town and House of the Player can be greatly customised with Public Works Projects for the Town in general.
- The ability to change your character's pants, shoes and the addition of long-sleeve shirts.
- Instead of having everything here at first, you have to unlock Public Works Projects and buildings, such as Kicks' Store.
- The ability to swim in the ocean by jumping off of a pier, whilst wearing a Wet Suit.
- Tom Nook is a real estate agent, and helps with house exterior customisation.
- Kicks runs a shoe store.
- Tortimer has now retired,and hosts multiplayer minigames that can be played locally,or over Nintendo Network.
- In other Animal Crossing games, you did not have any oppurtunity to choose your town's Layout. But in New Leaf, you can select which format you want, giving greater oppurtunity for further town personalization.
- New characters and villagers are included, for example, the secretary, Isabelle, and Soleil, a Snooty villager.
- There is a new personality, called Uchi. Uchi villagers are very caring towards the player and are less vain than the Snooty or Peppy villagers, but they are also more blunt and tomboyish and may come across as rude on some occasions. Uchi villagers normally wake up at 11 AM and sleep at 3AM, and there are 21 of them. Sometimes, other villagers may refer to them by male pronouns. They are exclusively female.
- You can travel from your town to an island via Kapp'n's boat. This is where certain villages live, and where Kapp'n's family live.
- In City Folk, Kapp'n was a bus driver. In Wild World, he was the taxi driver that brought the Player to the Village. But in New Leaf, he's a captain on a boat again who sings songs for you, but he does not take you to your new town.
The game has sold incredibly well. As of March 31, 2014, the game has sold 7.66 million. 1.36 million have been sold in America alone. In Japan, the game sold so well at launch that a significant amount had to be bought with download cards since the physical copies were sold out. In total, the game has sold 4.1 million in Japan retail alone.