The Classic Controller Pro was designed on February 26, 2009 and released on August 1, 2009 by Nintendo. It's shape is more like the Nintendo GameCube controller. It is supposed to be a much better version of the Classic Controller to be used on the Virtual Console on the Wii.This sleeker design makes it easier to use. It comes in White and Black. The cord plugs into the end of the Wii Remote like a Nunchuk Controller. A gold Classic Controller Pro is packaged with the game GoldenEye 007. It is also packaged with every Wii console in Japan.
Differences from the Classic Controller
- The Control Sticks are farther apart from one another.
- The cord is located at the top of the Classic Controller Pro instead of on the bottom.
- Has handles on the side for easier grip like the Nintendo GameCube Controllers.
- ZL and ZR are located more like a Playstation controller.
- L and R are digital instead of analog.
The Classic Controller Pro has the same uses as the Classic Controller.
- Works on the Virtual Console.
- Works as a controller on an assortment of Wii Games including Mario Kart Wii.
- Works as a controller on some WiiWare games.
- Also works with the Wii U, also with the regular Classic Controller.
A limited edition Golden Classic Controller Pro was bundled with GoldenEye 007 for Wii.