are monster rocks in the Paper Mario series
Goombario: This is a Cleft and he is spiky! His HP is 2 and his attack is 2 and his defense is 2. It's invulnerable to fire, so you must hammer it and it's spiky and you can't jump on it!
Clefts are found in Mt. Rugged. Goombario will tell Mario to keep his eyes out for Clefts and they can crush him. When Mario battles him, he can use a POW Block as this is a weakness.
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Clefts are the Thwomp's children in Paper Mario in Schwonk Fortress. If Mario answers three wrong, he will fight four Clefts. If he got a POW Block, he can defeat them instantly. Clefts are also found in Boggly Woods and the Pit of 100 Trials.
- Bald Cleft: A spineless Cleft in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.
- Dark Cleft: A very high defensive shadowed Cleft in Super Paper Mario and Boomer can flip it over.
- Hyper Cleft: A Cleft in both Paper Mario games that Mario must attack quickly before it does a great deal of damage.
- Hyper Bald Cleft: A Bald Cleft found only in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.
- Iron Cleft: A blue Cleft that can only be defeated by the Yoshi Kid in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.
- Moon Cleft: A very high defensive Cleft that can only lose its defense when flipped over. Boomer can flip it over in Super Paper Mario.
Notable Clefts and Cleft Members
- Armored Harriers: A pair of Iron Clefts that can only be defeated by the Yoshi Kid.
- Cleftor: A Hyper Bald Cleft in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door