Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Donkey Kong 64|
|ESRB PEGI CERO ACB|
Donkey Kong 64 was a 3D platform game released for the Nintendo 64 in 1999. The game required the Expansion Pak accessory. The accessory was bundled with the game when first released. Donkey Kong 64 intends to be a follow up to the Donkey Kong Country series.
The game borrows a lot of characteristics found on games like Super Mario 64, such as the ground pound and the backflip. However, the game goes even further by having 5 different playable characters with different abilities and weapons. Also, the game has an excess of different collectibles which was a characteristic of many Rare games at the time.
Donkey Kong 64 also featured a unique intro movie, which was actually a song called the "DK Rap". The intention of the song seems to be for introducing the characters of the game and their abilities. Many people didn't exactly like the idea and actually find the DK Rap rather embarrassing.
Despite the complaint about the lots of collectibles, DK64 was a very well received game and a quality platformer.
- Donkey Kong
- Diddy Kong
- Tiny Kong
- Lanky Kong
- Chunky Kong
- Krusha (Multiplayer only, must be unlocked)
- Klaptrap (Beaver Bother minigame only)
These are the 9 worlds of Donkey Kong 64:
- DK Isles (The hub)
- Jungle Japes (World 1)
- Angry Aztec (World 2)
- Frantic Factory (World 3)
- Gloomy Galleon (World 4)
- Fungi Forest (World 5)
- Crystal Caves (World 6)
- Creepy Castle (World 7)
- Hideout Helm (World 8)
- This game was hinted to come out in DKC 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble, in Wrinkley Kong's cave, a N64 was near the TV before it was even announced.
- Fungi Forest was originally a Banjo-Kazooie world under the name Fungus Forest, but it was scrapped due to insufficient time to complete the game's development.
- In the game's manual, Cranky Kong makes a joke that he thought that Tiny Kong was Dixie Kong.