|Donkey Kong Island|
Donkey Kong Island as presented in Donkey Kong Country.
|Series||Donkey Kong series|
|First game||Donkey Kong Country|
Donkey Kong Island (also known as Kong Isle, DK Island or Donkey Kong Country, or Kongo Bongo Island in the animated series) is the Kongs birthplace, home of Donkey Kong and the rest of the Kong Family. It is a key location from the Donkey Kong series.
This is a small island of varying landscapes consisting jungles, ruins, forests, glaciers, caves and desert. During the Kremling Krew invasion, was established an industrial plant and mines across island. Unknowingly the glaciers was converted to volcano, because of Tikis freedom in Donkey Kong Country Returns or the heat of lava caves from Crystal Caves in Donkey Kong 64.
The island is revealed to be part of an archipelago consisting of smaller islands known collectively as the DK Isles, several of which are accessible as a global map of Donkey Kong games.
In the Donkey Kong series, this island has been the target of frequent attempts at conquest, because of its nature beauty and the Banana Hoard stored in cave of DK's Treehouse. After the enemies defeat, DK Island has served as an inspiration to other islands.
Donkey Kong Country
- Kongo Jungle: The Largest and most famous jungle on the entire island. Donkey, Diddy, Cranky, and many other Kongs reside here. It is the first world in Donkey Kong Country, and has appeared in many Mario and Donkey Kong games since.
- Monkey Mines: Mines that border on ancient Kremling-built temples.
- Vine Valley: This world takes place in a temperate forest on a cliff side near Gorilla Glacier. An ape-built Treetown is found here.
- Gorilla Glacier: The peak of the mountain on Donkey Kong Island. Another Treetown is found here as well.
- Kremkroc Industries Inc.: This was once a lush and green area of DK Island, but the Kremlings built their factories, and the place became polluted. It is assumed that the Industries were closed down long ago, but there are still plenty of Kremlings roaming about the area.
- Chimp Caverns: Caverns and mines in the side of Donkey Kong Island.
Donkey Kong Land
- Gangplank Galleon Ahoy!: K. Rool's pirate ship.
- Monkey Mountains: Very tall mountains that reach the clouds.
- Chimpanzee Clouds: This world takes place in the clouds above Monkey Mountains.
- Big Ape City: The only urban part of the island. There are skyscrapers, apartments, and construction sites. This city is the assumed capitol of Donkey Kong Island.
Locations outside Donkey Kong series
- DK's Jungle Adventure (Mario Party)
- DK's Treetop Temple (Mario Party 8)
- DK's Stone Statue (Mario Party DS)
- DK's Jungle Ruins (Mario Party 9)
- Donkey Kong Court (Mario Tennis)
- DK Jungle Court (Mario Tennis, Mario Power Tennis)
- Donkey Kong Jungle (Mario Superstar Baseball, Mario Super Sluggers, Mario Tennis Open, Mario Golf: World Tour)
- Konga Coliseum (Super Mario Strikers)