Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Donkey Kong Land 2|
|ESRB PEGI CERO ACB|
Donkey Kong Land 2 is a handheld video game for the Game Boy. It was developed by Rare, and published by Nintendo in 1996. It is the follow-up to Donkey Kong Land and before the events of Donkey Kong Land III. This game has a banana yellow cartridge, like the two other Donkey Kong Land games and also allows compatibility with the Super Game Boy, allowing more colors to be display on the system. This game has Diddy and Dixie as the playable characters.
This game is often mistaken as a Game Boy remake of Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, due to the huge amounts of similarities. There are some differences as well. The differences are Crocodile Cauldron and Krem Quay merged into Krem Cauldron after sinking out from the water. Kleever is the boss of this area while Kudgel is entirely scrapped from the game. Another difference is that Haunted Hall and Castle Crush were both replaced with Krazy Koaster and Dungeon Danger respectively. The game also has level remodels and lacks Cranky and Swanky. All of this is because the limitations of the Game Boy.
Taken from the poorly revised manual;
King K. Rool and his band of Kremlings apenapped Donkey Kong. They're demanding the Kongs to hand over the banana hoard for Donkey's safe return. Donkey Kong would have a fit if they lost the banana hoard again. So it's up to Diddy and Dixie Kong to save him. Help the two monkeys make their way through all the Kremlings and all the traps to find Donkey Kong.
- Diddy Kong - While Diddy has no exclusive special abilities he jumps lower than Dixie, making it an advantage on jumping lower areas when needed.
- Dixie Kong - Dixie has a special ability called the Helicopter Twirl. This allows herself to break her fall while twirling. This also allows her to reach further areas.
- Rambi the Rhinoceros
- Squitter the Spider
- Squawks the Parrot
- Enguarde the Swordfish
- Rattly the Rattlesnake
- Clapper the Seal
- Flapper the Parrot
Worlds and Levels
As the manual was lazily put together and simply ripped from Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest's manual, many errors within the manual can be found below;
- On page 6, grayscale in-game world maps for Gangplank Galleon and Gloomy Gulch from Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest can be seen. It also says there there is a map for all the worlds in the game, but rather has only two. Grayscale image renders for Kong Kollege and Klubba's Kiosk were also put on page 23.
- On page 12, it is said in the description of DK Coins that Cranky hid these coins, but the coins aren't in the game itself. Also, the DK Coin is called Cranky's Video Game Hero Coins.
- On page 12 and 23, Banana Coins are called Banana Bunch Koins.
- On page 14, it is said that kannons flash when loaded, but kannons don't do that in the game.
- On page 19, it is said that Rambi can charge with the A button, but the correct button is the B button.
- On page 25, Kaboing is mentioned, but Kaboom is pictured instead of Kaboing itself.
- Kutlass is mentioned on Page 26 as one of the enemies in the game, even if Kutlass doesn't appear in the game himself.
- Despite Glimmer not at all appearing in the game, he is shown on the boxart which the background photo is later used as the title screen for the European Game Boy Advance version of Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest.
|Donkey Kong series|
|Arcade||Donkey Kong • Donkey Kong Jr• Donkey Kong Jr. Math • Donkey Kong 3 • Donkey Kong '94|
|Donkey Kong Country||Donkey Kong Country • Donkey Kong Country 2 • Donkey Kong Country 3 • Donkey Kong 64 |
Donkey Kong Country Returns (3D) • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Donkey Kong Land • Donkey Kong Land 2 • Donkey Kong Land III
|Mario Vs. Donkey Kong||Mario vs. Donkey Kong • Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2 • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-land Mayhem! • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again • Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars|
|Bongo||Donkey Konga • Donkey Kong Jungle Beat • Donkey Konga 2 • Donkey Konga 3|
|Other||Diddy Kong Racing (DS) • DK: King of Swing • DK: Jungle Climber • Donkey Kong Barrel Blast • Donkey Kong: Jungle Fever • Donkey Kong: Banana Kingdom|