|Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard|
North American box art
Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard (JP) is the second installment in the Etrian Odyssey series. It is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus and Lancarse. It is the sequel to Etrian Odyssey and is succeeded by Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City.
The overall gameplay is very similar to its predecessor in that the player is leader of a guild of adventurers to explore the labyrinth.
This game comes with various new features and changes from the original. Some of the changes:
- The Boost system has been replaced with the Force system
- The player is now working their way up instead of down
- There are three new classes
- Old classes' skills have been reworked
- The game takes place in the new town, High Lagaard
- There is a new storage facility, which costs money to use
- Guild members can be renamed at a cost
- Strafing in the labyrinth with L and R keys
- Level cap for a member can be increased by one for each retire, up to level 99
- There is now a system for automatic attacking by pressing the L button
- You now buy everything from the general store and no longer have to buy medical supplies at the hospital
- If you manage to complete the first game, a code will be give for you to use on this one when starting a new game. Along with unlocking some extra events during the exploration, this will allow you to carry on your guild name and give you either a Town Medal or a Town Crown, depending on how far you went on the game.
- There is a remake of the game, titled Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight. This game, like Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl, also has a story mode.