Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|F-Zero: Maximum Velocity|
North American box art
|ESRB PEGI CERO ACB|
Characters and Vehicles
These are the characters and their vehicles featured in the game.
|Jane B Christie||J. B. Crystal|
|Alexander O'Neil||The stingray|
|Blitz Wagner||Silver Thunder|
|Kent Akechi||Falcon MK-2|
|Professor Yazoo Jr.||Jet Vermilion|
Every race is five laps around a course. The player can lose a race if his/her machine explodes from taking too much damage, or from flying off the course. For each lap completed, the player will get a speed boost that can be used once. There is a championship mode which is some what like the time attack.
Grand prix is the main mode of the game. There are four separate cups that each contain five race courses. The name of the cups are referred to as Pawn, Knight, Bishop, and Queen. Grand Prix can be played on four difficulty settings, which are Beginner, Standard, Expert and Master. The Queen cup is unlocked by playing through the first three cups on Expert mode. Master mode is unlocked by winning each series.
- Bianca City (Stretch Circuit)
- Stark Farm (First Circuit)
- Empyrean Colony (Dash Circuit)
- Stark Farm (Second Circuit)
- Cloud Carpet (Long Jump Circuit)
- Tenth Zone East (Snake Circuit)
- Beacon Port (Crossroad Circuit)
- Synobazz (Explosive Circuit)
- Ancient Mesa (Split Circuit)
- Stark Farm (Third Circuit)
- Bianca City (Tightrope Circuit)
- Ancient Mesa (Skating Circuit)
- Crater Land (Skid Zone Circuit)
- Cloud Carpet (Icarus Circuit)
- Bianca City (Ultimate Circuit)
- Crater Land (Loop Circuit)
- Tenth Zone East (Plummet Circuit)
- Empyrean Colony (Twist Circuit)
- Fire Field (Land Mine Circuit)
- Fire Field (Warrior Circuit)
Famitsu rated the game a 31 out of 40.
The game went on to sell 334,145 copies in Japan and 273,229 copies in the U.S. as of 2005
- F-Zero: Maximum Velocity at the F-Zero Wiki