Food are items in the Super Smash Bros. series that made their first appearance in Super Smash Bros. Melee and unsurprisingly again Super Smash Bros. Brawl. In both games, the player can collect them to lower damage.
Items a lot like Food also appear in the Kirby series and Kid Icarus Uprising, and seem to be a "trademark" design trait of Masahiro Sakurai's games.
Items that act similar to food
Some items have a similar healing affect to Food but are their own separate item.
- Maxim Tomatoes from the Kirby series
- Heart Containers from the Zelda Series
- Vegetables from the Ice Climber game on The Summit
- Peaches used in Princess Peach's Final Smash
- Team Healer from the Super Smash Bros Series
- Peanuts used by Diddy Kong
- Eggs spawned by Chansey in Melee (though some can act as containers and Bombs)