Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Era of origin||600 A.D.|
|Weapon of choice||Swords|
Frog is a character from the Super Nintendo Entertainment System and Nintendo DS role-playing game Chrono Trigger. He is also known as Glenn, a soldier for the Kingdom of Guardia in 600 A.D. Magus and his minions cast a spell on Glenn to turn him into a frog.
While Crono and Lucca visit the Cathedral in search of Queen Leene, they find Frog, who joins their party. After battling some of the monsters, they finally find the real Queen Leene. As it turns out, Yakra has been masquerading as the Chancellor. Yakra was the one behind the Queen's kidnapping.
Crono, Lucca and Frog defeat Yakra and bring both the Queen and the real Chancellor back to Guardia Castle where they find Marle has suddenly reappeared. Knowing the Queen is finally safe, Frog decides to head back out on his own, leaving the others behind.Masamune and getting the Hero's Medal from Tata, Crono and his party head into the Cursed Woods and find Frog's hideout. Frog, ashamed of himself for not being able to protect Queen Leene, gives Crono the hilt to the Masamune. They notice that Melchior's name is engraved on it. Wondering why, they decide to go ask Melchior himself back in 1000 A.D.
Later, Crono and his party arrive back at Frog's hideout. This time they present the repaired Masamune to him. Crono convinces him to join his party and help defeat Magus. Together, they travel back to The End of Time so Spekkio can grant Frog the power to wield magic.
Jumping back to 600 A.D., the party heads for the Magic Cave. Using the power of the Masamune, Frog opens the rock entrance to the Cave. They journey through the underground tunnels battling strange monsters and emerge on the central continent, where the only thing that stands is Magus' castle.
- Note: This chapter of the game has two flashback sequences in which the player gets a glimpse of Frog's past. Frog was a long-time friend of Cyrus. After Cyrus became a Knight fighting for the Kingdom of Guardia, Frog (then a human named Glenn) journeyed with him on many adventures. During an encounter with Magus, Cyrus is killed and Glenn was transformed into a frog by Magus' power.
After a seemingly long journey through the castle, they finally find Magus, who is chanting in an unknown language to summon Lavos. Even though Frog is wielding the Masamune, Magus is confident he can win the battle.
Throughout the fight, where all the fighters use magic, the Masamune's power weakens Magus enough that he drops to his knees, ending the battle. Reality suddenly seems to warp around them. Lavos' power creates a Time Gate. Magus and Crono's party members are all sucked into the Gate.
Crono and his friends awaken to find themselves in Ioka Village in 65,000,000 B.C. Ayla explains that she found them laying in the Mystic Mountains hurt. So the Time Gate in Magus' Lair ended up transporting them back to the Prehistoric era. But Magus was nowhere to be found.
- Note: At this point, the player has more party members than spots in his party. Crono will remain the leader of the party, and the other two members can rotate out at any time. The characters not in the party will wait at the End of Time until the player needs them.
|Frog's involvement in the following chapters depends on whether or not the player has him in their party.|
Refer to the main chapter articles for further information.
- For chapter details, see the main article: Forward to the Past
- For chapter details, see the main article: Unnatural Selection?
- For chapter details, see the main article: The Magic Kingdom
- For chapter details, see the main article: Break the Seal!
- For chapter details, see the main article: The Guru on Mt. Woe
- For chapter details, see the main article: What Lies Beyond?
- For chapter details, see the main article: Lavos Beckons
- For chapter details, see the main article: The New King
- For chapter details, see the main article: The Time Egg
After the Northern Ruins are repaired, the party finds Cyrus' tombstone and Frog pays his respects. Knowing Frog is safe, Cyrus' spirit is released and able to move on to the afterlife. But before he goes, he energizes the Masamune making it more powerful.
- For full chapter details, see the main article: The Hero's Grave
- For chapter details, see the main article: The Green Dream
- For chapter details, see the main article: Ozzie's Fort
- For chapter details, see the main article: Geno Dome
- For chapter details, see the main article: The Quest for the Sun Stone
- For chapter details, see the main article: The Rainbow Shell
- For chapter details, see the main article: The Fated Hour
- For chapter details, see the main article: The Final Battle
Throughout the game, Frog uses different swords. The following is a list of those weapons.
- Bronze Edge
- Iron Sword
- Flash Blade
- Pearl Edge
- Rune Blade
- Brave Sword
- Demon Hit
Magic and Techs
Magic is used by the playable characters after reaching The End of Time. And Techs are combo attacks used by multiple characters during battle. This is a list of Frog's Magic attacks and Techs.
|Magic and special attacks|
|Frog and Crono|
|Frog and Marle|
|Frog and Robo|
|Frog and Ayla|
|Frog and Lucca|
|Arc Impulse||Crono, Marle, Frog|
|Delta Storm||Crono, Lucca, Frog|
|Triple Raid||Crono, Robo, Frog|
|3D Attack||Crono, Frog, Ayla|
|Spin Strike||Ayla, Robo, Frog|
|Grand Dream||Marle, Frog, Robo|