is the collective name for a set of headgear, shoes, clothes, and weapon in Splatoon
. Gear can be bought from the shops in Booyah Base (Shrimp Kicks
, Cooler Heads
, Jelly Fresh
, and Ammo Knights
.) They can also be ordered from the Inklings
walking around Inkopolis Plaza
. The player can pick them up from Spyke
Gear also have special abilities that go into effect when put on.
List of Gear Abilities
Main Weapon Abilities
- Ink Saver (Main): Less ink is used up when using Main Weapons.
- Ink Recovery Up: The player will recover ink at a greater speed.
Sub Weapon Abilities
- Ink Saver (Sub): Less ink is used up while using Sub Weapons.
- Bomb Range Up: Larger area of affect for all bombs.
Special Weapon Abilities
- Special Charge Up: Specials charge more quickly.
- Special Duration Up: Specials last for a longer period of time. (Does not affect one- time specials such as the Inkstrike.
- Special Saver: If killed you will not lose progress on your special bar.
- Quick Respawn: Respawn time decreases.
- Haunt: Locates the squid that splatted you last.
- Comeback: Unknown.
- Tenacity: Unknown.
- Run Speed Up: Run speed of your Inkling increases.
- Swim Speed Up: The swimming speed of your squid increases.
- Quick Super Jump: Super Jump time decreases.
- Stealth Jump: While Super Jumping you are invisible to enemies.
- Ninja Squid: While swimming through ink you are invisible to enemies.
- Recon: Unknown.
- Opening Gambit: Ink damage is raised during the first thirty seconds of a match.
- Last- Ditch Effort: Ink damage is raised during the last thirty seconds of a match.
- Ink Resistance Up: Ink damage to your person is decreased.
- Defense Up: Defense in general is increased.
- Damage Up: Damage in general is increased.
- Cold- Blooded: Unknown.
- Bomb Sniffer: You are able to see bomb locations.