|Born||1975 in Saitama, Japan|
|Current Position||Game Design Director in Nintendo SPD1|
|First game||Wario Land 4|
Goro Abe is a Japanese video game designer for Nintendo. His first credited work is Wario Land 4 for the Game Boy Advance, of which he acted as one of the game's programmers. Currently he works as one of the leads of the WarioWare series.
Goro Abe made his gaming development debut with Wario Land 4 on the Game Boy Advance, where he acted as one of the game's many programmers. He later went on to work on WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$! as a graphic designer and its remake WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$ as a programmer. With WarioWare Twisted! he made his directorial debut. WarioWare Twisted! is often considered one of the Game Boy Advance's best offerings.
On the Nintendo DS, Abe helped create WarioWare Touched!, while on the Wii he directed WarioWare: Smooth Moves. With Smooth Moves, Goro Abe was in charge of the first console launch window title by Nintendo Software Planning and Development, and thus worked closely alongside the hardware developers of Nintendo when creating the Wii and the Wii Remote. When the Nintendo DSi was announced, Abe assisted Intelligent Systems and his team on the creation of WarioWare: Snapped!
List of games
This may be an incomplete list, which may never be able to satisfy certain standards for completion. You can help by expanding it with credible additions.
- Wario Land 4, Game Boy Advance
- WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$!, Game Boy Advance
- WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$, Nintendo GameCube
- WarioWare Twisted!, Game Boy Advance
- WarioWare Touched!, Nintendo DS
- WarioWare: Smooth Moves, Wii
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Wii
- WarioWare: Snapped!, DSiWare
- WarioWare D.I.Y., Nintendo DS
- WarioWare D.I.Y. Showcase - WiiWare
- Game & Wario - Wii U