Ground Pound is an attack that Mario and Luigi have in a few of the Mario series games, including New Super Mario Bros. Wii. It has appeared in other video game series as well, though they are not always performed in the same manner. In Donkey Kong Country, for example, Donkey Kong performs a ground pound by smashing his hands into the ground.
List of Nintendo gamesEdit
The following are a list of Nintendo video games that feature the ground pound or a variant of it. Note that the list is incomplete.
- Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - An early example of the ground pound. Performed by Yoshi.
- Super Mario 3D series - Includes Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2, and Super Mario Odyssey.
- New Super Mario Bros., New Super Mario Bros. Wii, New Super Mario Bros. 2 and New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U
- The Mario Party series.
- Super Smash Bros. series - Several characters such as Yoshi and Bowser can perform a ground pound.
- Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle - the crossover game with Ubisoft