Hero Mode is the name of the single- player campaign in Splatoon. During the campaign, the player will battle the Octarian forces in an attempt to stop them from invading the Inkling's world. Cap'n Cuttlefish wil quide you during the campaign.
In each of the missions, you will attempt to rescue a Zapfish to complete the level. Additionally, there are bosses to fight every ten or so levels.
1. Octotrooper Hideout ~ Catch That Zapfish! ~
2. Lair of the Octoballs ~ Splat Your Way to the Top! ~
3. Rise of the Octocoptors ~ Leap to Victory! ~
Boss 1: Squish, Squash, Smash...The Mighty Octostomp!
4. Gusher Gauntlet ~ Take to the Skies! ~
5. Floating Sponge Garden ~ Soak It Up! ~
6. Propeller-Lift Playground ~ Whispers on the Wind ~
7. Spreader Splatfest ~ Ink Stains & Teardrops ~
8. Octoling Invasion ~ Kelp Dome Showdown ~
9. Unidentified Flying Object ~ Trouble over Inkopolis! ~
Boss 2: Shootin' the Sneeze...The Dreaded Octonozzle!
10. Inkrail Skyscape ~ Walking a Fine Line ~
11. Inkvisible Avenues ~ Find Your Path ~
12. Flooder Junkyard ~ Renegade Robots ~
13. Shifting Splatforms ~ Midnight Rendezvous ~
14. Octoling Assault ~ Skirmish at the Skatepark ~
15. Undeniable Flying Object ~ Bluefin Sigting ~
BOSS 3: Roll with the Punches...The Rampaging Octowhirl!
16. Propeller-Lift Fortress ~ Spin to Win! ~
17. Octosniper Ramparts ~ Inkcredible Aim! ~
18. Spinning Spreaders ~ Time Waits for No Squid ~