|Born|| May 13, 1965
|Current Position||Manager of EPD Smart Devices Group|
|First game||Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic|
|Latest game||Fire Emblem Heroes|
Hideki Konno is the group manager of Nintendo EAD 1. He's worked on various Nintendo games such as the games in the Mario Kart series, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Nintendogs, Ice Hockey, Luigi's Mansion and various other video games. Hideki Konno was the hardware director for the Nintendo 3DS. He is now working on Nintendo's Smart Phone development.
At the age of sixteen, Hideki Konno became interested in personal computers, messing around with Japanese PCs and the Apple II. He became intrigued with video games after playing around with some of Apple II's titles. After purchasing the Famicom in Japan, he decided that he wanted to create video games and after graduating headed to Nintendo to try and get a job.
He explains that the games he's worked on during the age of the NES and SNES hold a special significance to him because of the strife that was involved while making them and the new discoveries that he made. He says that his favorite part of development is when all of the ideas of the team come together when the game is nearly finished.
After developing many games for Nintendo's consoles and handhelds such as Nintendogs, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Kart DS and Mario Kart Wii, Konno went on to become the hardware director for the Nintendo DS's successor, the Nintendo 3DS. He still produced games for EAD Group 1 after that though with Nintendogs + Cats and Mario Kart 7.
With Nintendo's venture into the mobile market, Hideki Konno went to lead their projects.
List of games
A list of his games in chronological order. Because most NES games didn't feature credits, his full list of titles made on that console is unknown.
- Super Mario Bros. 2/ Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic - NES, assistant director
- Ice Hockey - NES, director
- Super Mario Bros. 3 - NES, assistant director
- Super Mario World - SNES, map director
- Super Mario Kart - SNES, director
- Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - SNES, director
- Mario Kart 64 - Nintendo 64, director
- Yoshi's Story - Nintendo 64, system director
- F-Zero X - Nintendo 64, adviser
- Mario Kart: Super Circuit - Game Boy Advance, supervisor
- Luigi's Mansion - GameCube, director
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - GameCube, supervisor
- 1080° Avalanche - GameCube, special thanks
- Nintendogs - Nintendo DS, producer
- Geist - GameCube, producer
- Mario Kart DS - Nintendo DS, producer
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Wii, supervisor (original game)
- Mario Kart Wii - Wii, producer
- Nintendo 3DS - Hardware director
- Nintendogs + Cats - Nintendo 3DS, producer
- Mario Kart 7 - Nintendo 3DS, producer
- Mario Kart 8 - Wii U, producer
- Super Mario Run - Mobile, producer
- Fire Emblem Heroes - Mobile, producer
- Mario Kart Wii
- E3 2010: Nintendo 3DS - Video
- Nintendo 3DS Vol. 2
- Mario Kart 7
- Mario Kart 7 Direct - Video
- Hideki Konno was interviewed in Nintendo Power V233 as part of the Power Profile feature.
- He was the Normal Nintendo Staff Ghost for Rainbow Road in Mario Kart Wii
- He was the Normal Nintendo Staff Ghost for DS Luigi's Mansion in Mario Kart 7