Infantry refers to a unit in the Nintendo Wars series, first appearing in the Famicom game Famicom Wars in Japan (and Advance Wars for the Game Boy Advance in America and Europe). They are usually the weakest members of the army. They have appeared in every Advance Wars video game and are always the cheapest to purchase. In each of the games they appear in, their sole special command is "capture". Their weapon is always a Machine Gun, and the unit will always cost you 1000G's. Infantry are best described as the pawns of the game. While not as useful as the more powerful units, they do serve their purpose, and when banded together they are given the chance to prove themselves.
In the Battalion Wars series for the GameCube and Wii, there are multiple different types of Infantry units such as Rifle Grunts, Bazooka Veterans, and so forth. Infantry, along with tanks, from the Advance Wars series were featured in Super Smash Bros. Brawl as an Assist Trophy.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
In Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Wii, the Infantry along with Tanks appeared as Assist Trophies. Unlike most of the other Assist Trophies, they were present in their sprite form (or as the director calls them "Pixel Art"), and appear as an army (similar to the ExciteBike Assist Trophy). They are one of the few Assist Trophies that you must unlock. To do so, you must play 300 Brawls. They're similar to a hoard of projectiles being thrown at your enemies.
Units first introduced in Famicom Wars, where they fight battles against enemy forces. Infantry are the least expensive to deploy of all units. They're not too strong, but they move well and can capture property. There are two tank types: tank A, which is expensive but has good mobility and firepower, and tank B which is cheaper but can change battles with sheer numbers.
List of games
- Famicom Wars - Famicom, Japan only
- Game Boy Wars - Game Boy, Japan only
- Game Boy Wars Turbo - Game Boy, Japan only
- Game Boy Wars 2 - Game Boy/Game Boy Color, Japan only
- Super Famicom Wars - Super Famicom, Japan only
- Game Boy Wars 3 - Game Boy/Game Boy Color, Japan only
- Advance Wars - Game Boy Advance
- Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising - Game Boy Advance
- Advance Wars: Dual Strike - Nintendo DS
- Battalion Wars - GameCube
- Battalion Wars 2 - Wii
- Advance Wars: Days of Ruin - Nintendo DS
- Captain Rainbow - Wii, Japan only