Isabelle(JP) is a character from the Animal Crossing series. She acts as the secretary for your Town in Animal Crossing: New Leaf. She is very clumsy but works very hard. Her birthday, along with her twin brother Digby, is December 20th.
Isabelle was first announced in an Animal Forest: Jump Out (Japanese version of Animal Crossing: New Leaf) promo video, known simply as "secretary". While only shown for a couple seconds, it showed some rough sketches and her in-game model following Villager, presumably for setting up a Public Works Project.
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
In Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Isabelle is among the first people to greet you as you enter town, mistaking you for the mayor. She acts as the tutorial getting you set up as your position as mayor of this town. Afterwards when you become mayor, you talk to her to decide on public works project, change the town ordinance, change the town flag, change the town song and reset villagers' clothes and catchphrase. On special events like, she stands in the town plaza usually in a costume for the holiday and gives you a present for the holiday. She has a twin brother named Digby.
Marketing & Promotion
It didn't take long before Isabelle became one of the most well-known and popular characters in the entire franchise. By pre-ordering Animal Crossing: New Leaf at certain retailers, you could receive an Isabelle figure along with a Town Hall. Other purchasable toys soon became available in Japan, with around 1/2 of them scheduled to come to (or already in) America. Isabelle was even given a Twitter account, where it is portrayed as if it is really Isabelle, and she makes notes of things like scheduled Plaza Events to this day.
Super Smash Bros. series
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
Isabelle is an Assist Trophy in the game. She was revealed on April 4th, 2014. She heals the one who summoned her by throwing fruit. She was also in the first trailer to Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U as a character in the Villager's town in the trailer's opening cutscene.
- NA:"Isabelle is the mayor's highly capable secretary. She can be forgetful sometimes, but you can always count on her for information about the town. She wears her hair up in a bun that makes her look like a shih tzu. Mostly because she is one! She also has a twin brother named Digby."
- EU:" Isabelle's the mayor's secretary, and you couldn't ask for someone more on the ball! Well...maybe you could, but she's still full of useful info about life in the town. With her fringe and tied-up hair, she looks just like a shih-tzu! That's because she is one. And so is her twin brother, Digby."
- NA: "The green check she wears in warmer months suits her perfectly, but when the cold hits, her mustard-yellow cardigan is just too stylish for words. It may make you long for the spring months, though. Hot or cold—nothing makes Isabelle feel under the weather!"
- EU: "The green chequered vest she wears in warmer months suits her to a T, but when the cold hits, her mustard-yellow cardie is just too stylish for words. That said, it might make you long for spring and all its vibrant beauty! Of course, Isabelle doesn't mind. Hot or cold, she's always a ray of sunshine!"
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
On September 13th, 2018, Isabelle was announced for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as a playable character. Similarly to the Villager, Isabelle use various items from Animal Crossing to damage her enemies like the fishing rod, pots, buckets of water, stop signs, Gyroids, etc.
- Neutral Special - Pocket
- Side Special - Fishing Rod
- Up Special - Balloon Trip
- Down Special - Lloid Trap
- Final Smash - Dream Town Hall
Mario Kart series
Mario Kart 8/Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Along with Dry Bowser and Villager, Isabelle appears as a racer in Mario Kart 8's second DLC pack, Animal Crossing x Mario Kart 8. This marks the first time an Animal Crossing character other than Villager has been playable in any game. Since Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is a enhanced port of Mario Kart 8, Isabelle returned as a playable character but this time as a base game character.