Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Artwork of Jagen from Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi
|Series||Fire Emblem series|
|First game||Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi|
|Created by||Shozou Kaga|
Jagen (known in Japan as Jeigan) is a character from Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and Fire Emblem: Monshou no Nazo. He serves as Marth's bodyguard and one of those that Marth turns for advice. He is an invaluable unit at the start of the game but he has low growth rates and lacks potential, thus crippling usefulness in later parts of the game, and the excuse is advanced age. He jump started an archetype of units who are introduced at the beginning of the game and have low potential and hog up experience at the start of the game, hindering stat growths of lesser trained units. Such units appeal to newcomers of the Fire Emblem fanbase, but they are generally frowned upon by knowledgeable Fire Emblem fans.
Members of the Jagen archetype are:
- Jagen (Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon)
- Arran (Fire Emblem: Monshou no Nazo)
- Oifey (Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu)
- Evayl (Fire Emblem: Thracia 776)
- Marcus (Fire Emblem: Fuuin no Tsurugi and Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken)
- Seth (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)
- Titania (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance)
- Frederick (Fire Emblem: Awakening)