James Turner is a video game developer. In 2010 he became the first Occidental to design Pokémon. In total he created six unique species for the Nintendo DS video games Pokémon Black and White including the Vanillite line, the Golett line, and Vullaby. He is also credited as a 3-D Map Graphic Designer and the main designer for the digital movie.
James was born in Lincoln, England, United Kingdom. He went to the University of Wolverhampton, England, where he gained a first class honours degree in Electonic Media BA (Hons). Shortly afterwards he did some early work in animation for TV advertising before becoming a game developer at a London based design studio.
Before joining GameFreak, James worked for 8 years in Nintendo affiliate studio: Genius Sonority.
List of Pokémon
The following are a list of Pokémon that Turner designed.
Credits - List
- Disney’s Peter Pan: The Legend of Neverland (PS2) - Chief Animator / 2D,Character Designer
- Pokémon Colosseum (Gamecube) - Camera Animation, Special Effects Art
- Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness (Gamecube) - Chief Artist, Event Director, Storyboard Artist
- Pokémon Trozei (DS) - Art Director
- Pokémon Battle Revolution (Wii) - Art Director
- Dragon Quest Swords (Wii) - Art Director
- Pokémon Black (DS) - Pokemon Designer, 3D Map Designer,Digital Movies
- Pokémon Black and White 2 (DS) - Pokémon Character Design, Pokémon Black Version and White Version Graphics Design
- HarmoKnight (3DS) - Director
- Pokémon X and Y (3DS) - Pokémon Character Design, Digital Movie Design Lead
- Tembo the Badass Elephant (Xbox One/ PS4 /PC) - Director
- Pokémon Sun and Moon - Digital Movie Design / Effect Design Section Director, Pokémon Character Design
- GameFreak interview with James Turner (in Japanese).