Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Kalimari Desert as it appears in Mario Kart 64
|Series||Mario Kart series|
|First game||Mario Kart 64|
Mario Kart 64
In Mario Kart 64, this course was the final course of the Mushroom Cup. The most notable thing about this course is the train that constantly around the track. If the player runs into the train, they will flip over. There is also a shortcut you can use by going on the train tracks and going into the tunnel and then using it for the 1st and 2nd lap.
Mario Kart 7
In Mario Kart 7, this course reappears as the first course of the Leaf Cup. The course is mostly the same as the original, except that there are two shortcut ramps, and one of them can be used to glide over the train. The shortcut has also been removed from Mario Kart 64. There are three shortcuts, one is a glider near the beginning of the track, one is a glider near the second train tracks, one is near the finish line.
2.01.932 for NinNishim selecting Shy Guy.
1.48.707 for NinKoz selecting Shy Guy.
- This course's name is a pun on the real-life South African desert, Kalahari Desert.
- The instruction manual for Mario Kart 64 says that going through the train tunnel is a shortcut, however, it takes longer to drive through the train tunnel than on the main road. However, it is probably referring to the Star trick where the player will move on to the next lap if he/she activates it just before entering the tunnel.
- On the front of the engine of the train, it has 64 on it, most likely referencing this game.
- A stage in Mario Sports Mix, called Western Junction, has a train that looks similar to the one in this course moving in the background.
- In Paper Mario, when riding on the K64, the music used on this course plays. Interestingly, the K64 greatly resembles the train that appeared in this course.
- The aforementioned Star trick was removed in Mario Kart 7 as you can not go into the train tunnel.