Itabashi-Ku, Tokyo, Japan
|Company||Nintendo (since 1999)|
|Current Position||Producer / Group Manager|
|First game||Joy Mech Fight|
|Latest game||Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker|
Koichi Hayashida is a Nintendo EPD Tokyo producer as Nintendo EPD8's group manager under Yoshiaki Koizumi. He started out as a programmer and later became a director. He is best known for his involvement on various 3D Mario titles.
After graduating from college in 1991, Hayashida attended the Nintendo Dentsu Game Seminar in 1992, where he and Koichiro Eto programmed Joy Mech Fight, which was published in 1993.
Hayashida later officially joined the company in May 1999, where his first notable work was Super Mario Sunshine as the main programmer. He was transfered to Nintendo EAD Tokyo along with several other developers after Nintendo's reestructure.
List of games
- Joy Mech Fight (1993) - Director, Programmer
- Super Mario Sunshine (2002) - Main Programming
- Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (2004) - Assistant Director
- Super Mario Galaxy (2007) - Level Design Director
- Super Mario Galaxy 2 (2010) - Director
- Super Mario 3D Land (2011) - Director
- Super Mario 3D World (2013) - Director
- NES Remix (2013) - Director
- NES Remix 2 (2014) - Director
- Ultimate NES Remix (2014) - Producer
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (2014) - Producer
- Super Mario Odyssey (2017) - Producer
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch/3DS) (2018)