This is a list of different companies that either are devoted suportors, or are owned by Nintendo. First party companies are companies that are owned by Nintendo, second parties make games only for Nintendo, and third parties make exclusive games for Nintendo and other companies such as Microsoft and Sony.
Nintendo headquarters and primary offices
- Core Gaming Systems
- iQue Ltd.
- Latamel Inc.
- Nintendo Australia
- Nintendo Co, Ltd.
- Nintendo Hong Kong
- Nintendo of America
- Nintendo of Canada
- Nintendo of Europe
- Nintendo of Korea
- Nintendo Phuten Company (now closed)
Nintendo Central Research & Development (Japan)
Nintendo Entertainment Analysis and Development
Nintendo Entertainment Analysis and Development, or Nintendo EAD for short, is the largest division within Nintendo, consisting of various developers who create Nintendo's most popular games. Sometimes they'll even get involved with hardware. The divisions within Nintendo EAD include:
- Nintendo EAD Software Development and Design
- Nintendo EAD Software Group No. 1 - Mario Kart, Nintendogs, Wii Fit, Luigi's Mansion
- Nintendo EAD Software Group No. 2 - Wii series, Animal Crossing
- Nintendo EAD Software Group No. 3 - The Legend of Zelda
- Nintendo EAD Software Group No. 4 - New Super Mario Bros., Super Mario 64 DS, Yoshi Touch & Go, Big Brain Academy, Pikmin
- Nintendo EAD Software Group No. 5 - Wii Fit, others
- Nintendo EAD Software Group Tokyo - Super Mario Galaxy, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, Flipnote Studio
- Nintendo EAD Sound Group - Music and sounds for EAD video games
- Nintendo EAD Users Interface and Effects - Nintendo DSi internal features, Wii Channels
- Nintendo EAD Design Technology - Designs the Software Development Kits for Nintendo, possibly among other projects.
Nintendo Software Planning and Development
The main purpose of Nintendo Software Planning and Development is to assist other developers in creating Nintendo published video games, though they themselves also develop original titles. The divisions of SPD include:
- Nintendo SPD Production Group 1 - Rhythm series, WarioWare series, Metroid series, Tomodachi series
- Nintendo SPD Production Group 2 - Fire Emblem series, Tetris DS, Puzzle League series, Pokémon series (Japanese partners)
- Nintendo SPD Production Group 3 - Metroid Prime series, Battalion Wars series, Punch-Out!!, Super Mario Strikers series (Western partners), Paper Mario
- Nintendo SPD Production Group 4 - Mario Party series, Mario & Luigi series, Mario Sports spin-offs
Nintendo Research and Engineering
- Nintendo Research and Engineering - Nintendo handhelds including the Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS and more.
Nintendo Integrated Research and Development
- Nintendo IRD Group 1 - Hardware
- Nintendo IRD Group 2 - Hardware
- Nintendo IRD Group 3 - Hardware
- Nintendo IRD Group 4 - Hardware
- Nintendo IRD Group 5 - Hardware
- Nintendo IRD Design Group - Hardware
Nintendo Network Service Development
Divisions of Nintendo Network Service Development include:
- Nintendo Network Planning Group - Software design.
- Nintendo Mechanical Design Group - Hardware design.
Nintendo Software Design & Development
- Nintendo Software Design & Development 1 - Products
- Nintendo Software Design & Development 2 - Products
Nintendo Business Operation Technology
Nintendo Business Operation Technology assists in the development of video games developed by companies outside of Nintendo.
Nintendo Research & Development Subsidiaries
- Nintendo Software Technology Corporation - Wave Race: Blue Storm, 1080° Avalanche, Mario vs. Donkey Kong series, Metroid Prime Hunters, Nintendo Puzzle Collection, others.
- Nintendo Technology Development- development kits and co-develops the hardware
- Nintendo European Research & Development - Formerly Mobiclip. While it doesn't develop games, it does develop software. Wii U Chat, Wii U Internet Browser
Sales and marketing
- The Baseball Club of Seattle, L.P.
- Nintendo Corporate Analysis and Administration
- Nintendo Finance and Information Systems
- Nintendo General Affairs
- Nintendo International Business - Overseas projects.
- Nintendo Licensing Division
- Nintendo Manufacturing Division
- Nintendo Personnel Department
Nintendo Subsidiary Software Development
- 1-Up Studio - formerly Brownie Brown. Various Mana titles, Mother 3, Magical series. co-development of Super Mario 3D World
- Creatures Inc. - Pokémon series, Game Boy Camera, EarthBound.
- HAL Laboratory - Kirby series, Super Smash Bros.
- Intelligent Systems - Fire Emblem series, Metroid, Wario Ware series, Paper Mario series, Advance Wars series.
- Monolith Soft - Disaster: Day of Crisis, Xenoblade Chronicles
- Nd Cube - F-Zero: Maximum Velocity, Wii Party, Mario Party 9 on
- Retro Studios - Metroid Prime series, Donkey Kong Country Returns.
- Systems Research and Development - Programs numerous Nintendo games, including major EAD titles.
Nintendo Satellite Software Development
- Genius Sonority - Various Pokémon console titles
- Camelot Software - Mario Golf series, Mario Tennis series, Golden Sun series.
- iQue - Develops Nintendo consoles for China
Former Second Parties
Nintendo Partner Development Studios
- AlphaDream - Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, Tomato Adventure, Mario & Luigi 3
- Ambrella - Various Pokémon spinoffs.
- Game Freak - Pokémon series, Drill Dozer.
- Noise - Custom Robo series
- skip Ltd. - Chibi-Robo, bit Generations, Art Style series, GiFTPiA, Captain Rainbow.