This is a list of cameos in games not from The Legend of Zelda that feature characters/references/or so on in the series itself.
Super Mario series
- Super Mario Bros. 3 - The whistle theme is from The Legend of Zelda series.
- Super Mario RPG: The Legend of the Seven Stars - After Bowyer is defeated in the Forest Maze, Link can be seen resting up in the Rose Town inn.
- Mario Golf - In the records, Link is one of the names.
- StarTropics - The Triforce symbol appears on a mat.
- Super Paper Mario - In Merlee's Mansion on Chapter 2-3, Mario accidentally breaks a vase and has to pay in rubees (parody of rupees) to find a replacement. Also, Mimi fires weapons in her boss battle.
- Kirby Super Star and Kirby Super Star Ultra- The Triforce is an item that can be found in "The Great Cave Offensive".
- Kirby series - Kirby's sword ability strongly resembles Link. Upon getting the sword ability Kirby gets a green hat similar to Link's and when he has full life he is able to use a sword beam.
- WarioWare series - Many of 9-Volt's games are based on The Legend of Zelda series.
- WarioWare D.I.Y. - Some of the pre-loaded sprites are from earlier Zelda games. Some music from The Legend of Zelda is also unlockable.
Final Fantasy series
In Final Fantasy 1 there is a town named "Elfheim." In this town there are three gravestones next to a building. The one on the far left has flowers in front of it and if you press A while looking at it, it says "Here lies Link." This makes sense because it is a town of elves and everyone is dressed like Link.
- In Terraria, the Hero armour set strongly resembles Link, including a green hat, green tunic, and tights.