Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
North American box art
|ESRB PEGI CERO USK ACB|
Mario Golf: World Tour is the fifth entry in the Mario Golf series and the first one for the Nintendo 3DS and in 10 years. This, like past ones in the series, is developed by Camelot. This is also the first Nintendo game to offer a season pass for its downloadable content
The gameplay is rather similar to the previous entries of Mario Golf, where the player takes into account character attributes, weather and the course topography while managing the power, accuracy and spin of the shot through buttons or the touch screen. A simplified control method is also available where the player only has to worry about the power of the shot. there are now items in this game which add different effects to a shot. they are obtained through hitting Question Blocks.
- Castle Club - essentially the story mode of the game where you go around as your Mii and participate in tournaments
- Quick Round
- Ring Master
- Star Coin Collector
- Point Challenge
The base game has a roster of 17 characters with 4 of them being unlockable
There are 10 courses in the base game for a total of 126 holes
- Forest Course
- Seaside Course
- Mountain Course
- Cheep Cheep Lagoon
- Wiggler Park
- Yoshi Lake
- Peach Gardens
- DK Jungle
- Bowser's Castle
- Sky Island Course
The DLC either comes separately each at $5.99 or $14.99 for all three. Buying all 3 nets you Gold Mario.
- a new character, Toadette
- Toad Highlands- a remake of the Mario Golf course
- Koopa Park- a remake of the Mario Golf course
- a new character, Nabbit
- Layer Cake Desert, Shy Guy Desert from Mario Golf updated with the look from Layer-Cake Desert from New Super Mario Bros. U
- Sparkling Waters, Yoshi's Island from Mario Golf updated with the look from Sparkling Waters from New Super Mario Bros. U
- a new character, Rosalina
- Rock-Candy Mines, Boo Valley from Mario Golf updated with the look from Rock-Candy Mines from New Super Mario Bros. U
- Mario's Star, a space course with Super Mario Galaxy environments based on the Mario Golf course
The game was received reasonably well with a 78 on Metacritic and 77.97% on GameRankings. Famitsu gave it a 34 (8,9,8,9) out of 40. Critics criticized the lack of a RPG mode and the Castle Club mode being too bland but praised the graphics, detailed gameplay, and the character's post hole antics.
According to Famitsu, the game sold 58,743 in its first week.
|Main article: Mario Golf: World Tour/gallery|