Metal Shark Player (or Metalshark Prayer in Japanese) is a hammerhead shark-based Reploid created by Gate in Mega Man X Collection. He is designed to work as a member of a research recycling team.
Metal Shark Player is considered the toughest stage in the entire Mega Man franchise. There are lots of information about his stage:
- Most of the stage has conveyor belts. There are lots of blocks that are on conveyor belts. If they hit Mega Man X or Zero in a wall, they can smash him and kill him instantly.
- Like in Dust Man's stage in Mega Man 4, the ceiling is used for the entire stage and can crush the player instantly.
- There are also spikes in the stage, which acts normal in the other Mega Man series and can kill X or Zero instantly.
- First, Metal Shark Player will begin to dive and this attack is easy to avoid.
- Next, Player will try to land on X or Zero by diving into him.
- In his second phase, he'll throw his Metal Anchor and summon three indestructible Mavericks:
- Sting Chameleon can either lash his tongue, reappear, disappear, etc. and repeats the pattern again.
- Magna Centipede fires three shurikens at X or Zero.
- Blast Hornet will also appear. He fires three Parasitic Bombs at the player. Destroying one causes a second set.
- Metal Shark Player is one of the bosses to tell Zero to "shut up and fight". The other is Frost Walrus.
- Metal Shark Player's name is a mistranslation from R & L being identical in Japanese. His name should be Prayer, as the joke that he deals with reseurrection and thus, "prays".