There have been various modes of transportation in The Legend of Zelda series. The transportation in each game is generally considered one of the major hooks. Some of the most popular modes of transportation include Epona in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, the King of Red Lions in The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, and the Spirit Train in The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks.
List of transportationEdit
- Warping: Warping has been featured in most The Legend of Zelda games, starting with the original The Legend of Zelda on the NES. Warping can be used to get out of dungeons and travel from one place to another. Some games feature warping more prominently than others.
- Raft: The raft was first featured in the original game, where it could be found in the third dungeon. The raft also appeared in Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages.
- Epona: Perhaps Link's most famous mode of transportation, Epona first appeared in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Epona is a horse which Link uses to traverse the wide landscapes of Hyrule.
- King of Red Lions: The sailboat Link uses in The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, the King of Red Lions is in actuality a boat controlled telepathically by King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule.
- S.S. Linebeck: The boat used in The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass.
- Spirit Train: The train used in The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks.
In Nintendo Power V249, Chris Slate rated many of the modes of transportation based on their "coolness factor", and gave a brief description of each one. Despite the article being based on Spirit Tracks, the Spirit Train was not present.
- Steam Ship (S.S. Linebeck), Phantom Hourglass - 5/5 stars
- Horse (Epona), Ocarina of Time/Twilight Princess - 5/5 stars
- Sailboat (King of Red Lions), Wind Waker - 4/5 stars
- Cannon, The Minish Cap - 3/5 stars
- Raft, The Legend of Zelda - 2/5 stars
- Bird, A Link to the Past - 2/5 stars
- Kangaroo Pouch (Ricky), Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages - 1/5 stars
- Cuckoo (Cucco), various games - 1/5 stars