Monty Moles are enemies in the Mario series. They first appear in Super Mario World for the SNES. In this game, he popped out of the ground and started to chase after Mario and Luigi. He has also appeared as a playable unlockable character in Mario Superstar Baseball. He has also appeared as an enemy in Paper Mario. In Super Mario Sunshine, they controlled a cannon that shoots Bullet Bills at you and throws Time-ombs. In New Super Mario Bros., he appeared as the boss of World 6, he drove a huge tank that launched Bullet Bills. Mario can simply defeat them by jumping on their head when he popped out.
In the Mario Kart series, Monty Moles would pop out of holes in some of the courses such as Moo Moo Farm and Peach Gardens. You could easily avoid them, but if you get hit, you will start to spin.
He also appeared as a cameo in Super Mario All-Stars as the king of Pipe Maze's transformation. Blue variations are rumored to be in the new Paper Mario 3DS game.
- Super Mario World - 1990, SNES
- Super Mario Kart - 1992, SNES
- Super Mario All-Stars - 1992, SNES
- Super Mario 64 - 1996, Nintendo 64
- Mario Kart 64 - 1997, Nintendo 64
- Paper Mario - 2001, Nintendo 64
- Super Mario Advance 2 - 2002, Game Boy Advance
- Super Mario Sunshine - 2002, GameCube
- Super Mario Advance 4 - 2003, Game Boy Advance
- Mario Superstar Baseball - 2005, GameCube
- Mario Kart DS - 2005, Nintendo DS
- New Super Mario Bros. - 2006, Nintendo DS
- Mario Strikers Charged - 2007, Wii
- Mario Kart Wii - 2008, Wii
- Mario Party 8 - 2008, Wii
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii - 2009, Wii
- Bowser's Inside Story - 2009, Nintendo DS
- Paper Mario - 2011, Nintendo 3DS (rumored)