Administrators, or sysops, are users who can edit any page or do certain tasks that a normal user cannot do, such as banning vandals. They also leave messages for users, telling them about their mistakes or correcting them. Administrators are selected on an as-needed basis only. As Nintendo Wiki expands, more administrators may be needed to assist in its operation. There are no official criteria to become an administrator, however there are a few basic guidelines. When an administrator is needed, one will be selected from the rest of the users who:
- Has had an account on Nintendo Wiki for some time.
- Is an active contributor. This includes constantly creating or uploading maintenance templates.
- Has no history of vandalism or abuse of Nintendo Wiki.
Again, administrators are only selected when one is needed. When this occurs, the current admins will let the rest of the users know. Until then, it is safe to assume that Nintendo Wiki is operating smoothly as it is.
Administrators at Nintendo Wiki have the following privileges and responsibilities:
- Protecting pages. Admins can protect pages from further changes in cases of vandalism or content disputes. This should happen only in certain rare circumstances.
- Deletion and undeletion. Admins can delete and restore pages and images from Nintendo Wiki.
- Block and unblock. Admins can ban users from contributing to Nintendo Wiki, either for a specific amount of time, or indefinitely. Nintendo Wiki has a zero tolerance policy on vandalism.
- MediaWiki namespace. Admins may edit the protected pages in the MediaWiki namespace. These pages are used to define the text and style of the user interface.
Current list of active administrators Edit
- For an auto updating list, see special: listadmins
|Conker's Bad Fur Day||Talk||Inactive|
Several admins have been inactive for a while, and may not respond to inquiries in a timely manner:
- Launchballer - Talk - E-mail
- Ville10 - Talk - E-mail
- BattleFranky202 - Talk - E-mail
- Calebddd - Talk
- Bentendo - Talk - E-mail
- Kirkburn - Talk - E-mail
Bold indicates bureaucrat.
This page incorporates elements of Wiki 24:Administrators.