PSI Magnet is a PSI attack from the EarthBound series. It drains Psychic Points from one enemy or multiple enemies. However in EarthBound, PSI Magnet only works if the enemy uses PSI and has remaining PP left.
Super Smash Bros.
With Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, each special gets two alternate forms. Ness gets these:
PSI Vacuum draws in opponents with a wind box and then makes an explosion. It won't absorb projectiles and the user is left open to attacks.
- Can pull in multiple opponents to deal damage
- Cannot absorb energy-projectiles
- Using it off-stage could assist an opponent's recovery
- Has a short range of effect
- Left open to attacks
Forward PSI Magnet
Forward PSI Magnet is essentially identical to Lucas's PSI Magnet. Ness puts the move in front of him but he can easily turn. After absorbing and released, it has a hitbox which can launch foes and possibly KO opponents hit by this with its decent knockback. This move has more healing power.
- More healing power (works the same in Stamina Mode)
- Can K.O opponents off-stage if timed correctly
- Deals damage when vanishing
- The field only appears only in front