Pikmin Throw is a move that Pikmin and Olimar can perform in Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Wii. The move can be performed when Pikmin have been plucked out of the ground by Captain Olimar. It's his side special move and can be executed by pressing side-B. When you do so, Olimar will toss the Pikmin towards his adversaires with hopes that they'll latch on as they did in the Pikmin series. If they do, the miniature army will continually attack using their special abilities which include -
- Red Pikmin - Attacking with fire.
- Yellow Pikmin - Attacking with electricity.
- Blue Pikmin - Being slightly stronger than the red, yellow, and white Pikmin.
- Purple Pikmin - Rather than latching onto an enemy, he'll pound them with great force.
- White Pikmin - Will poison its enemy.
After they've latched onto their opponent, he or she is capable of attacking the Pikmin to get free, or Olimar can use his down special move Pikmin Order to cause them to return to him if he senses danger.
Olimar throws pikmin on enemies such as bulborbs. The pikmin will then attack the enemy by pumbling rapiditly, Purple pikmin will latch on in the Pikmin series. If you throw them near an item, they will run over to it, trying to pick the item up. After you throw a pikmin, it becomes idle. Remeber a pikmin won't do much damage by iteslf, but 100 pikmin will do a ton of damage. Some enemies will get hurt more in certian spots.