Piston Honda as he appears in Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
|Games|| Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (NES)|
|Ranking||26 wins, 1 loss, 18 KO|
|Birth place||Tokyo, Japan|
Piston Honda (ピストン本田, Pisuton Honda), called Piston Hondo (ピストン・ホンドー, Pisuton Hondō) is one of the opponents in the Punch-Out!! series, appearing in Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! and its remake Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream for the NES, and Punch Out!! on the Wii. He is a 28 year old Japanese boxer who Little Mac will fight early on in the game (he's the third boxer). Piston Honda donates his winnings to the neighborhood that he grew up in as a child. Piston Honda is one of the only characters in the game that Little Mac will have to fight twice. Piston Honda has weak defense, though is a lot more powerful than Little Mac's two previous opponents. The second time Little Mac battles Piston Honda, his defense will be dramatically improved.
In Punch-Out!! for the Wii, most of his attacks and strategies are the same as in the NES game. During his first fight, all of his moves are the same with the addition of a bowing Taunt move. During Title Defense, he adds only a fake punch and his Hondo Rush can have up to 8 hits. He is the 5th fighter during both Competitor and Title Defense modes. This version of Hondo only speaks in Japanese.
It is thought that Piston Honda is somewhat based off of Piston Hurricane from previous games in the series. Piston Honda's Bonzai Rush Attack is even similar to Hurricane's special move. Hasbro made an action figure of Piston Honda along with various other characters from Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!.
- Main Article: Piston Honda/Quotes
- "Where is the NHK TV camera? Hello, Tokyo!"
- "I'll give you a TKO from Tokyo!"
- "Where are my camera crew? Hello, Tokyo!" (Virtual Console version only)
- "Sushi, Kamikaze, Fujiyama, Nipponichi..."
- "I still remember our first fight. Now I'm gonna make you pay back, Banzai!!" (second fight only)
- "You should wear a helmet when you fight me!"
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
- This classy Japanese boxer bows before every match. He's so polite, in fact, that he cues you to his oncoming attack by twitching his eyebrows. Landing solid hits on him will put him in a daze. He must have forgotten to eat before the match--- instead of little birdies, Piston sees sushi floating around his head!
- Nintendo Entertainment System - Punch-Out!! - 10/1987
- Wii - Punch-Out!! - 05/2009