|Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen|
This is how the game looks like in North America.
The Pokémon Company
|ESRB PEGI ACB|
Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen are the enhanced remakes to the original Japanese Pokémon games (Red and Green). Because of this, the game features the same Pokémon and storyline as the original games, giving them a nostalgic touch. They also feature many of the newer features of Pokémon, as well as an obvious graphical upgrade from the original Game Boy graphics. Pokemon Green had previously been a Japan exclusive, being replaced by Pokemon Blue in the US. Regardless, the Green remake was chosen for the US editions.
- Pressing L or R brings up a help menu. The Game Boy and Game Boy Color did not have L/R buttons.
- The graphics have been updated to 16-bit, having previously been 8-bit
- New pokemon were added, and the attacks for all pokemon were updated
- All the glitches in the original games were fixed
- Much of the dialogue was updated
- Although the latest console at the time of release was the GameCube, an NES can be found in front of the player at the game start.
|Main series||Red (JP) • Green • Blue (JP) • Yellow • Gold • Silver • Crystal • Ruby • Sapphire • Emerald • FireRed • LeafGreen • Diamond • Pearl • Platinum • HeartGold • SoulSilver • Black • White • Black 2 • White 2 • X • Y|
|Handhelds Spin-offs||Pinball • Pinball: Ruby & Sapphire • Puzzle Challenge • Dash • Trozei! • Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team and Red Rescue Team • Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Explorers of Darkness • Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky • Ranger • Ranger: Shadows of Almia • Ranger: Guardian Signs • Learn With Pokémon: Typing Adventure • Conquest • PMD: Gates to Infinity|
|Console Spin-offs||Pocket Monsters Stadium • Stadium (2) • Snap • Colosseum • XD: Gale of Darkness • Battle Revolution • Puzzle League • Box • Channel • My Ranch • Rumble • PokéPark Wii • Mystery Dungeon • PokéPark 2|