Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A Pokémon storage system is a computer software in the Pokémon series capable of transferring Pokémon in and out of the PC as computer data. The first storage system was designed by Bill, and it is used by most Pokémon trainers.
Each software includes around 20 boxes that can contain up to 20 Pokémon originally, and 30 since the Advance generation. The system was more difficult to use in earlier games, as a Pokémon couldn't be withdrawn if the party was full, and no party Pokémon could be stored if the box didn't have space, meaning another box was needed at the moment. However, since the Advance generation, Pokémon can occupy one of thirty spaces in the box without having an order, and can be freely moved, replacing other Pokémon at anytime without any problem. A new later addition was that items that Pokémon were holding could be arranged easily in the computer, too, including placing the items in the trainer's bag or giving Pokémon in the computer items directly from the bag.
Since the upgrade made by Lanette was introduced in Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire, boxes containing Pokémon could be easily recognized because of the addition of wallpapers. There are abotu sixteen wallpapers to choose from for a box, making organization even easier. It seems this system has been adapted in other places outside Hoenn later. From generation III onwards, a certain saying (based on your ID) can get you new wallpapers. You can get your saying here.
- Bill's PC: A system that included twelve 20-Pokémon boxes used in Pokémon Red and Blue.
- Bill's PC (Upgraded): Includes fourteen 20-Pokémon boxes instead, and the ability to rename the boxes. It is used in Pokémon Gold and Silver.
- Lanette's PC: A new storage system upgraded from Bill's with a graphical user interface and much more user-friendly used in Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire. It has the ability to move many Pokémon at once, too.
- Bridgette's PC: A storage system similar to Lanette's but with much more capacity. Only used in Pokémon Box.
- Lanette's PC (Upgraded by Bill): Based on Lanette's original system but includes item manipulation seen in Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen and Pokémon Emerald.
- Bebe's PC: A slightly upgraded version from the last. It has the same engine, but includes four additional boxes. This system, seen in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, received help from Bill as well.