Poppi as seen in Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
|First game||Xenoblade Chronicles 2|
|Created by||Monolith Soft|
Poppi (JP) is an artificial Blade appearing in Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Like all Blades, she has the power to grant tremendous power to her Driver, in this case, Tora. Her element and stats can be altered by Tora via Poppiswap since she is his creation. Poppi α's base element is stone and is equipped with a Drill Shield as her weapon, Poppi QT's base element is fire and is equipped with Mech Arms as her weapon while Poppi QTπ's base element is ice and is equipped with the Variable Saber as her weapon.
Poppibuster is a Nopon shaped mech piloted by Poppi MK. II that can be used by every Drivers other than Tora since his main purpose is to have Poppi fight with multiple Drivers at the same time. Poppi MK. II has no mind of her own and is herself remotely controlled by the original Poppi. The Poppibuster has his own A.I however and is programed to assist Poppi. The Poppi Buster's element is light and is equipped with a Shield Hammer as his weapon.
Appearance and personality
Poppi QT's outfit is based on a maid outfit, she is taller than Poppi α, speak fluently the Nopon language and refer to Tora as "Masterpon".
Poppiswap is a mechanic in Xenoblade Chronicles 2. As artificial special Blades, Poppi α, Poppi QT and Poppi QTπ have their own Blade mechanics and a particular customization. Players can use items earned through the Tiger! Tiger! minigame to upgrade and customize each of the three Poppi Blades' elements, roles and skills.
These stats correspond to Poppi α wielding the Primitive Shield with no Role CPU bonuses or Affinity Chart rewards. Different Core Chips and Role CPUs result in different adjustments to each stat.
|Class||Auto Attack||Block Rate||Critical Rate||Physical Def||Ether Def||10|
- Lv1: Poppi Spinning Slash - Attack all within range with spinning motion.
- Lv2: Noponic Storm - Shoot out a vortex of ether created within the body.
- Lv3: Poppi Drill - Charge with jet propulsion like a spinning drill.
- Lv4: Jet Biter - Attack with the Big Mecha Biter (once charged).
- Noponic Iron - Boosts physical and ether defense by 10%
- Guard Shift - Increases block rate by 20%
- Emergency Mode - Boosts block rate by 60% when HP is 30% or lower
- Leaping - Lv. 3
- Nopon Wisdom - Lv. 3
- Superstrength - Lv. 3
|Key Affinity Reward||1||Unlocks level 1 of the Affinity Chart.||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|2||Unlocks level 2 of the Affinity Chart.||Increase the trust level||100||"Poppi can do more things now!"|
|3||Unlocks level 3 of the Affinity Chart.||Increase the trust level. The affinity bond will be easier to sustain.||1600||"New powers of Poppi unleashed!"|
|4||Unlocks level 4 of the Affinity Chart.||Increase the trust level||4600||"Poppi growing all the time!"|
|5||Unlocks level 5 of the Affinity Chart.||Increase the trust level.||10600||"All preparations complete. Time is come to unleash all powers!"|
|Poppi Spinning Slash||1||Effects are determined by the specifications in Poppiswap.||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|2||Effects are determined by the specifications in Poppiswap.||Perform a Blade Combo||5||"Watch Poppi demonstrate power!"|
|3||Effects are determined by the specifications in Poppiswap.||Perform a Driver Combo (It's enough to just be present)||7||"Poppi's turn next. Time for Blade Combo!"|
|4||Effects are determined by the specifications in Poppiswap.||Use Poppi Spinning Slash||12||"Poppi mastered this technique to maximum level!"|
|5||Effects are determined by the specifications in Poppiswap.||Perform a Blade Combo finisher||3||"Poppi perform amazing feat."|
|Noponic Storm||1||Effects are determined by the specifications in Poppiswap.||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|2||Effects are determined by the specifications in Poppiswap.||Use Noponic Storm||7||"Attack of Poppi get stronger!"|
|3||Effects are determined by the specifications in Poppiswap.||Perform a Blade Combo||7||"Leave it to Poppi! Poppi can handle anything!"|
|4||Effects are determined by the specifications in Poppiswap.||Perform a Driver Combo (It's enough to just be present)||10||"Can Poppi become real Blade...?"|
|5||Effects are determined by the specifications in Poppiswap.||Collect an HP Potion (Previous instances count toward total)||500||"Combat ability of Poppi increased!"|
|Poppi Drill||1||Effects are determined by the specifications in Poppiswap.||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|2||Effects are determined by the specifications in Poppiswap.||Perform a Driver Combo (It's enough to just be present.||5||"Masterpon very amazing. Poppi must work hard to match."|
|3||Effects are determined by the specifications in Poppiswap.||Use Poppi Drill||6||"Poppi getting quite good at this!"|
|4||Effects are determined by the specifications in Poppiswap.||Perform a Blade Combo||10||"Poppi get stronger and stronger!"|
|5||Effects are determined by the specifications in Poppiswap.||Perform a Driver Combo finisher (It's enough to just be present)||3||"Poppi want to do cool attack too!"|
|Noponic Iron||1||Boosts physical and ether defense by 5%||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|2||Boosts physical and ether defense by 6%||Use Poppi α's favorite pouch item from the Instruments category||2||"Roly-Poly Maracas...so cute... Poppi love them too much!"|
|3||Boosts physical and ether defense by 7%||Raise Affinity in combat||5||"This is power of working together?"|
|4||Boosts physical and ether defense by 8%||Raise Affinity in combat||6||"Poppi sure now. Working together make Poppi extra strong!"|
|5||Boosts physical and ether defense by 10%||Deal a critical hit (Previous instances count toward total)||20000||"Armor functions of Poppi enhanced."|
|Guard Shift||1||Increases block rate by 10%||Block an attack||2||"How nice, Poppi get power-up!"|
|2||Increases block rate by 12%||Block an attack||5||"Poppi features improving!"|
|3||Increases block rate by 14%||Poppi's Remodel Heart-to-Heart||N/A||"Masterpon, when you let Poppi equip new armor?"|
|4||Increases block rate by 16%||Block an attack||9||"Time for lots of upgrades."|
|5||Increases block rate by 20%||Receive a certain amount of damage||80000||"Guard functionality at top potency!"|
|Emergency Mode||1||Boosts block rate by 20% when HP is 30% or lower||Perform a Blade Combo||2||"New power for Poppi! Very excite."|
|2||Boosts block rate by 30% when HP is 30% or lower||Salvage (Previous instances count toward total)||20||"What is under surface of Cloud Sea like? Can Poppi go inside?"|
|3||Boosts block rate by 40% when HP is 30% or lower||Hit the specified score in Tiger! Tiger!||20000||"Leave support to Poppi!"|
|4||Boosts block rate by 50% when HP is 30% or lower||Hit the specified score in Tiger! Tiger!||50000||"Poppi help out Masterpon lots!"|
|5||Boosts block rate by 60% when HP is 30% or lower||Trade items at an exchange||50||"Many things collected... Any useful for upgrading Poppi?"|
|Electric Mastery||1||The power to jump. Used to reach high places.||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|2||The power to jump. Used to reach high places.||Use Poppi α's favorite pouch items (Instruments category)||2||"This make good sound. Poppi like musical instruments."|
|4||The power to jump. Used to reach high places.||Jump (Previous instances count toward total)||300||"Jumping power increase?"|
|Nopon Wisdom||1||Knowledge related to Nopon. Decode writing, speak Nopon, etc.||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|2||Knowledge related to Nopon. Decode writing, speak Nopon, etc.||Speak to a Nopon||20||"Poppi feel smarter now!"|
|4||Knowledge related to Nopon. Decode writing, speak Nopon, etc.||Speak to a Nopon||40||"Poppi good at dealing with Nopon. Can even deal with Masterpon."|
|Superstrength||1||Extraordinary physical strength. Used to break things, lift them up, etc.||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|3||Extraordinary physical strength. Used to break things, lift them up, etc.||Use Poppi α's favorite pouch items (Staple Foods category)||4||"Poppi not eat food, but can sense smells! This smell fill Poppi with strength!"|
|5||Extraordinary physical strength. Used to break things, lift them up, etc.||Use Poppi α's favorite pouch item from the Drinks category.||4||"Ahhhhh... Looks so lovely! Poppi wish could actually drink it."|
- Item types: Staple Foods, Instruments
- Specific items: Fizz Juice, Roly-Poly Maracas
- Lv1: Poppi Missile - Launch a large missile and audaciously bomb the enemy.
- Lv2: Poppi Crushing Blow - Pulverize the enemy with a spinning punch then an explosive uppercut.
- Lv3: Noponic Destruction - Launch countless missiles while in the air to mow down your enemies.
- Lv4: Quixotic Megaburst - Fire off numerous destructive missiles (once charged).
- Velocity Gear - Adds 15% chance for user to land perfect hits and evade enemy attacks.
- Flash Counter - Counters attacks with 320% physical damage
- Flash Boot - Reduces the cooldown time for a Blade Switch by 30%
- Lockpicking - Lv. 3
- Fortitude - Lv. 3
- Agronomy - Lv. 3
- Pouch item types: Veggies, Art
- Pouch items: Sky-Jewel Tart, Genbu-Weave Cloth
- Lv1: Poppi Ignition - Shoot repeated slashing attacks while maneuvering freely.
- Lv2: Noponic Axion - Mop up the enemy with a laser blast in bombardment mode.
- Lv3: Poppi Unlimited - Overwhelm the enemy with unlimited repeat attacks.
- Lv4: Quantum Judgement - Dice the enemy and unleash 100% power in mid-air.
- Reflection - 15% chance to reflect attacks
- Nanomachine Repair - Restores 1.4% HP every second while HP is 30% or less
- Overclock - Increases damage dealt by 100% when Affinity is at max
- Keen Eye - Lv. 3
- Ancient Wisdom - Lv. 3
- Forestry - Lv. 3
- Pouch item types: Staple Foods, Textiles
- Pouch items: Melodious Melon Parfait, Flurrycomb
- Lv. 1 - Buster Cyclone - Transform your weapon into knuckle claws and barrel into the enemy.
- Lv. 2 - Buster Cannon - Transform your weapon into a cannon and unload it into the enemy.
- Lv. 3 - Buster Mirage - Unleash the combined power of Poppi Mk. II and Poppibuster on the enemy.
- Lv. 4 - Buster Impact - Initiate Poppibuster self-destruct mode.
- Recharge Boost - Boosts Arts recharge from auto-attack.
- Draw Aggro - Draw aggro from enemies in battle.
- Nullify Reaction - Nullifies one reaction.
- Hyperaffinity Circuit - Deal 70% more and take 15% less damage at max Affinity.
- Hardware Acceleration - Increases auto-attack speed by 17% and Arts speed by 12%.
- Reconstitute - Increases dmg of lv4 Special by 300% each time it's used (max: 1000%).
- Entomology - Lv. 3
- Salvaging Mastery - Lv. 3
- Superstrength - Lv. 5
- Pouch item types: Meats, Board Games
- Pouch items: Tasty Sausage, Nopopo Yard
- Tora reveal in the "Growing Up" Heart-to-Heart that the real name of Poppi QT is "Poppi Quixotic Tutelar".
- In the same Heart-to-Heart, he also reveal that the real name of Poppi QTπ is "Quantum Technochampion π".
- Poppi reveal that she named Poppibuster herself but Professor Soosoo selected a list of three names from which she could choose. Poppibuster is named like that because he could destroy Poppi with his great strength .
|Xenoblade Chronicles 2 characters|
|Main Characters||Rex • Nia • Tora • Zeke • Azurda • Mòrag Ladair|
|Main Blades||Pyra/Mythra • Dromarch • Poppi • Pandoria • Brighid|
|Torna members||Jin • Malos • Akhos • Mikhail • Patroka|
|Empire of Mor Ardain||Mor Ardain • Niall Ardanach • Aegaeon • Muimui • Senator Roderich|
|Argentum Trade Guild||Argentum • Bana • Niranira|
|Imperial Province of Gormott||Gormott • Dughall • Umon • Professor Soosoo • Professor Tatazo • Lila|
|Indoline Praetorium||Indol • Amalthus • Fan la Norne|
|Kingdom of Uraya||Uraya • Raqura • Vandham • Cole • Iona|
|Kingdom of Tantal||Genbu • Eulogimenos Tantal|
|Kingdom of Torna||Torna • Addam Origo • Lora|
|Others||The Architect • Galea • Ontos • Shulk • Fiora|
|Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Blades|
|Special Blades||Pyra/Mythra • Dromarch • Poppi • Pandoria • Brighid|
|Rare Blades||Adenine • Aegaeon • Agate • Akhos • Azami • Boreas • Cressidus • Crossette • Dagas • Dahlia • Electra • Finch • Fiora • Floren • Godfrey • Gorg • Herald • Kasandra • Kora • KOS-MOS • Mikhail • Newt • Nia • Nim • Obrona • Patroka • Perceval • Perdido • Perun • Praxis • Roc • Sever • Sheba • Shulk • T-elos • Theory • Ursula • Vale • Vess • Wulfric • Zenobia|