Super Mario 64 DS
When starting the game, there is one rabbit on Castle Grounds holding the key to the castle doors. Yoshi has to eat it to get the key to go inside.
The rest of the rabbits are accessible after recovering 1 star open the door on the second floor, then talk to Toad in the Rec Room. The rabbits start to appear thereafter. There are five kinds of rabbits, one for each character. Yoshi's rabbits are yellow, Mario's are pink, Luigi's are green, and Wario's are orange. The following is a list of where they are found in Super Mario 64 DS:
- Outside the castle, near the fence of the waterfall and moat.
- Outside the castle, at the moat (if you drain it).
- In the room with the entrance to Jolly Roger Bay and The Secret Aquarium.
- In the basement on the left to the entrance of Lethal Lava Land.
- In the basement on the right of the entrance to Lethal Lava Land.
- In the second floor, next to the 50 door star room.
- In the large mirror room with the entrance to Snowman's Land.
1-3. Outside the castle, next to the entrance of the door.
4. Outside the castle on the left near the hedges.
5. Outside the castle, on the right near the flowers.
6. Outside the castle, at the moat. (You must drain it first).
7. In the basement, near the front, with the entrance to Lethal Lava Land.
- Outside the castle on the left near the hedges.
- In the room with the entrance to Bob-omb Battlefield.
- In the 8 star door room with the entrance to Goomboss Battle, next to the Rec Room.
- In the basement in the room, where you ground pound the two pillars, after you did so.
- In the courtyard, with the boos, on the upper alcove.
- In the hallway of the second floor.
- Outside the castle after getting 150 stars, on the roof or do a flutter kick on the green patch to get up.
- Outside the castle, to the far right, near the trees, past the wooden bridge.
- In the room with the entrance to Whomp's Fortress.
- In the basement, where Toad is located.
- In the courtyard, with the boos over the fountain, near the two signs.
- In the area with the entrance to Tiny-Huge Island in.
- In the area with the entrance to Tick Tock Clock in.
- In the upper alcove in the entrance to Over The Rainbows.
There are 8 glowing rabbits that appear after getting at least 8 or 50 stars and randomly take place of the standard rabbits. There is an easy trick. Keep going in and out of the castle as Yoshi until you find all eight glowing rabbits. If you catch all of them, you unlock the key to the empty room residing in the character switching area, right of Wario's door. Boos´ laughs can be heard and the character will come out through the door startled with a secret star.