|Current Position||Planner/ Director|
|First game||Wario Woods|
|Latest game||Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.|
Ryota Kawade is a chief game designer at the Nintendo's partner studio, Intelligent Systems. He has directed most of the Paper Mario games including Paper Mario, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, and Super Paper Mario.
Ryota Kawade joined Intelligent Systems in 1994. Though originally he wanted to be a planner, since they were only hiring designers, he was hired as one.
- Wario's Woods (NES/SNES) - Designer
- Galactic Pinball (VB) - Assistant Designer
- Paper Mario (N64)- Director, Game Design
- Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (GCN) - Director
- Super Paper Mario (Wii) - Chief Director
- Brain Age: Concentration Training (3DS) - Planning
- Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. (3DS) - Additional Planning