Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The trophy in Super Smash Bros. Melee.
|Created by||Shigeru Miyamoto|
Sheriff is Nintendo's first protagonist that appeared in the arcade game with the same name back in 1979, two years before Mario appeared in Donkey Kong and one year before Game & Watch and Mr. Game & Watch was created.Shigeru Miyamoto was the designer of Sheriff and the various characters that appeared in the game.
In the game Sheriff has chased the outlaws that had kidnapped his girlfriend, but he ends up being cornered in the desert. The outlaws move in a square around the sheriff while shooting at him. Sometimes a few of the outlaws moves into the square and the battle becomes much more hectic. After defeating all of the outlaws, Sheriff would move on to the next group and after the third one he would reunite with his girlfriend. Also, if Sheriff could hit one of the vultures that fly past he would score extra points.
- Game Boy Camera: An animation based on Sheriff can be found in the credits menu.
- Super Smash Bros. Melee: Sheriff appears as a trophy.
- WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$!: One of 9-Volt´s mini-games is based on Sheriff and a game known as Wario´s Sheriff, with Sheriff´s head replaced with Wario´s, can be unlocked.
- WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$: This cameo is the same as the cameo in the original WarioWare.
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS: Sheriff makes an appearance as an assist trophy and shoots at fighters in one of 8 directions.
Super Smash Bros. Melee
- Sheriff is a game with a particularly long history, even among other classic Nintendo arcade games. You aimed the sheriff's gun by way of an eight-directional dial controller, which you would depress to fire. The goal of this frontier shooter was to protect the territory from various scoundrels and ne'er-do-wells.
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U
- This arcade game was released in 1979 in Japan. The game used an eight-direction joystick and a switch to control the title character. In Smash Bros., the sheriff will appear in his original glory and fire in eight directions. The bullets are tough to dodge, and they pack a serious punch.
- Arcade - Sheriff - 1980
| ||Donkey Kong Jr. • Little Mac • Pauline • Sheriff • Stanley|
| ||Balloon Fighter • Bubbles • Devil • Duck Hunt Dog • Excitebiker • Foreman Spike • Ice Climbers • Mach Rider • Medusa • Mike Jones • Mr. Stevenson • Palutena • Pit • Professor Hector • Professor Vector • R.O.B. • Tamagon • Wart|
Famicom Disk System
|Ayumi Tachibana • Chao • Donbe • Goku • Hikari • Protagonist (Famicom Tantei Club) • Sukapon • Takamaru|
| ||Alice • Captain Syrup • Muddy Mole • Prince Richard • Prince of Sablé • Tatanga|
| ||Balloon Man • Mr. Game & Watch • John Solver • Oiram Repus|