Shy Guy's artwork from Mario Super Sluggers.
|First game||Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic|
Shy Guy is an enemy from the Mario that first appeared in the irrelevant Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic. This enemy never shows its true face to anyone and covers it up with a mask. The suits that this foe wears comes in plenty of colors such as red, blue, green, yellow and white. Over each suit is a white mask that covers its face. Even though it debuted in the non-Mario game Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic, many state that it's more of an enemy from the Yoshi game than from the Mario series as Shy Guy appeared in all of the Yoshi series of games.
In the Mario games Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Shy Guy appears as a regular enemy. In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, a group of Shy Guys drive around the Mario Circuit stage. Shy Guy has a bashful look on its face.
Super Mario series
Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic/Super Mario Bros. 2
While this foe is the first encountered enemy in the game, it acts as a Goomba would in the fact that it walks back and forth continuously. This foe also helps Wart on his goal to conquer and rule Subcon. This foe can be defeated by being picked up and thrown at another enemy. In this game, Shy Guy is colored pink or red (pink Shy Guys are colored blue in Super Mario All-Stars and Super Mario Advance). A Super Mario Advance-exclusive variation of Shy Guy called Giant Shy Guy is introduced as a new enemy in the game.
Mario Kart series
Mario Kart DS
Shy Guy is one of the thirteen playable characters in the game Mario Kart DS. It, however, can only be played as in DS Download Play mode. In the game, Shy Guy is a lightweight character with a standard kart.
Mario Kart 7
Mario Kart 8
Mario Party series
Mario Party 4
Mario Party Advance
Mario Party 8
Mario Party DS
In Mario Party DS, Shy Guy makes a minor appearance in the game. Shy Guy makes a minor appearance by appearing in food-related minigames, including Fast Food Frenzy, Rotisserie Rampage and Sweet Sleuth.
Mario Sports Mix
Shy Guys appear as goalies in the hockey sport games in Mario Sports Mix.
Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games
In London Party, he serves as a host for quizzes about the athletes.
Sonic: Lost World
Shy Guys appear as enemies in the free Yoshi's Island Zone downloadable content in Sonic: Lost World.
- Stilt Guy: This species of Shy Guy has a Shy Guy on stilts. This makes it unable to be eaten by Yoshi, with the exception of being jumped on. This foe appears in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.
- Boo Guy: This foe is virtually the same as a regular Shy Guy, with the exception that it sometimes work in groups to throw down bombs.
- Pyro Guy: This foe is a Shy Guy species that is on fire, allowing Yoshi to breathe fire if this foe is swallowed.
- Zeus Guy: In contradiction to the name, this species of Shy Guy heaves lightning bolts at Yoshi.
- Glide Guy: These species of Shy Guy is a Shy Guy with an umbrella on its head, letting it glide in the wind. It appears in Yoshi's Island DS.
- Shy Stack: This species of Shy Guy is simply a stack of Shy Guys as implied by the name.
- Pirate Guy: This species of Shy Guy has a bandanna on its head, hence the name. This foe mainly lives on rafts in ocean-related levels.
- Snifit: This foe is a Shy Guy, but simply with a mask that allows them to spew out bullets.
|Major villains||Donkey Kong | Bowser | Foreman Spike | Wart | Ludwig von Koopa | Lemmy Koopa | Roy Koopa | Iggy Koopa | Wendy O. Koopa | Morton Koopa Jr. | Larry Koopa | Tatanga | Virus | Wario | Kamek | Baby Bowser | Smithy | Big Bob-omb | Waluigi | King Boo | Shadow Mario | Petey Piranha | Bowser Jr. | Cackletta | Fawful | Sir Grodus | Lord Crump | Shadow Queen | Princess Shroob | Count Bleck | Dimentio | Pom Pom | Boom Boom|
|Minor villains||Blooper | Bob-omb | Boo | Bullet Bill | Buzzy Beetle | Chain Chomp | Cheep Cheep | Dry Bones | Goomba | Hammer Bros. | Koopa Paratroopa | Koopa Troopa | Lakitu | Magikoopa | Monty Mole | Ninji | Piranha Plant | Pokey | Shroob | Shy Guy | Snifit | Spiny | Thwomp | Whomp | Wiggler|