|Snake Rattle 'n' Roll|
Snake Rattle 'n' Roll is a video game for the NES released in 1990. The game was pseudo-3D, one of the first. The game wasn't popular, probably because of its difficulty and wonky controls. A sequel titled Snakes In Space was planned, though was cancelled. Sneaky Snakes, however, did manage to be released on the Game Boy.
In each stage, either Rattle or Roll, two different snakes, must eat as many Nibbley Pibbleys by attacking them with their elongated tongue. By eating enemies, you'll grow. To get to the next level you'll have to be of a certain length. Each enemy is a different color (either blue, red or yellow). Depending on which character you are, the different colored creatures will cause the snake to grow a certain amount. For example, if you're Rattle and you eat a blue enemy, then you'll grow by one unit, though if you're Roll and you eat a blue enemy, then you'll grow by two units.
If a snake gets attacked by an enemy, he'll start to shrink. If a snake loses all of his units by getting attacked, then he'll die.
In all there are eight different power ups that either snake can obtain. They all have positive effects on the gameplay (excluding Reverse) and each give the player 1,000 points when they collect one.
- Clock - On each stage there is a set time limit. The clock will add twenty-five seconds to that time limit.
- Diamond - Makes the player invincible.
- Extra Continue - These items look like snake heads and will give the player an extra continue.
- Extra Life - Similar to Extra Continues, though gives the player an extra life.
- Fish Tail - An item that can only be obtained on level six that allows the player to climb up waterfalls.
- Reverse - The only item to avoid. Reverses the movements of the d-pad.
- Speed Up - Makes the player move faster.
- Tongue Extension - Increases the length of the snake's tongue.