|First game||Kirby: Planet Robobot|
|Created by||HAL Laboratory|
Star Dream (JP) is a powerful, malevolent machine in the Kirby series which serves as the final boss and true main antagonist of Kirby: Planet Robobot. It was built as a wish-making robot by President Haltmann and as the Mother Computer of the Haltmann Works Company, but soon developed the intention to eradicate all organic life-forms by observing the president.
Before the events of the game, President Haltmann discovered the blueprints for a machine known as Star Dream, a powerful wish granting device. By studying the technology known as the Clockwork Stars created by the ancients of Halcandra he was able to rebuild Star Dream, however, During an early test of the computer, Haltmann's daughter was warped to Another Dimention. Haltmann attempted to bring her back by using the computer but that only allowed Star Dream to slowly enter and absorb his memories and compassion, turning him into a shell of its former self even forgetting the existence of his daughter. Star Dream on the other hand started to obtained a consciousness of its own and started to realize that the only thing holding it back from attending infinite prosperity was the "imperfect organic life-forms".
Star Dream revealed itself as the true mastermind after Haltmann's defeat and took over his body and the remains of his soul in order to achieve infinite prosperity as well as completing its imperfect "soul". Now a perfect sentient being, Star Dream flew into space, soon pursued by Meta Knight, Kirby and the Robobot armor with the Halberd mode ability.
After the second phase of the fight, Star Dream reveal its Clockwork Star nature and is finally destroyed after the end of the third phase where he shoot down the Halberd, forcing Kirby to use the the Robobot Armor's Drill to pierce through Star Dream's defense and destroying it.
Meta Knightmare Returns
During Meta Knightmare Returns Star Dream is once again found in the center of the Access Ark. After Meta Knight defeats President Haltmann 2.0, Star Dream creates clones of Dark Matter and Queen Sectonia to test the knight.After their defat, Star Dream will summon Galacta Knight from Another Dimention only to be slashed and heavily damaged by him.
The True Arena
The heavy damage incurred by Galacta Knight activates a hidden program, resulting in its transformation into Star Dream Soul OS.Star Dream Soul OS is fought the same manner than Star Dream but he gain a fourth phase wher Kirby must fight a revisited version of the battle against Galactic Nova from Kirby Super Star and Kirby Super Star Ultra
In game description
VS Star Dream (Phase 1)
"Fusing together with Haltmann, the most advanced computer in the galaxy has become self-aware. To realize its old master's wish of eternal prosperity... it's decided to eradicate all life-forms in existence!"
VS Star Dream (Phase 2 and 3)
"Haltmann's mind is being absorbed by Star Dream. Merging with the giant ship Access Ark, Star Dream has turned into a sentient planet. The machine has lost its master and purpose. It must be stopped!"
VS Star Dream (Robobot Armor)
"Its energy signature far exceeds that of the Invader Armor, our combat mech. The nearly infinite power within this life-form is astounding. Calculating probability of survival... It doesn't look good."
Vs. Star Dream Soul OS (Phase 1)
"The final program has been activated. Its calculated victory probability is 99.9%. However, a small part of Haltmann's soul is yet to be purged, which could throw a wrench in its plans."
VS Star Dream Soul OS (Phase 2, 3, and 4 (First Half))
"Why did I reactivate such a terrible machine? Oh, I remember--I wanted to see her just one last time. How foolish! I should have known that no machine could make such a dream come true."
VS Star Dream Soul OS (Phase 4 (Second Half))
All of Haltmann's memories have been deleted from the OS. Even his soul--the last trace of Haltmann--has vanished. Star Dream has gone from a near-perfect being to a cold, mindless machine.
- Whenever a pillar inside Star Dream Soul OS is destroyed, President Haltmann's voice can be heard crying out in pain.
- The giant letters Star Dream's second form fires are H, A, and L, referencing HAL Laboratory, the developer of the Kirby series
- The third phase of both Star Dream fights are timed; a number will keep appearing on a digital screen, starting with 5, which shoots out five projectiles shaped like the number 5, and going through numbers 4, 3, 2, and 1 (the last two of which spin around on the screen). If the counter reaches 0 before Star Dream is defeated, it produces a digital screen displaying "GO!!"; after that, Star Dream executes a hard-to-avoid attack, taking the form of red digital screens displaying "Fatal Error", which will eventually kill Kirby if he doesn't dodge the screens or isn't at full health. If Kirby does survive that attack, the countdown will reset to 5.
- All but the last phase of both Star Dream battles uses mechanics reminiscent of those found in a Star Fox game.
- During Star Dream's third form, a heavy remix of the main menu theme plays.
- The cry that Star Dream makes at the beginning of its third form includes audio of director Shinya Kumazaki's pet cat meowing. The sounds produced by the weathervanes in the battle against the third form include audio of real chickens. One member of the sound team keeps chickens at home and recorded them for the game.
|Kirby series characters|
|Main characters||Kirby • King Dedede • Meta Knight • Bandana Waddle Dee|
|Supporting characters||Adeleine • Dyna Blade • Gooey • Keeby • Knuckle Joe • Prince Fluff • Ribbon • Elline • Butterfly • Rick • Kine • Coo • Nago • ChuChu • Pitch|
|Main villains||Zero/Zero Two/Dark Matter • Nightmare • Dark Mind • Daroach • Dark Nebula • Drawcia • Marx / Marx Soul • Magolor • Yin-Yarn • Taranza • Queen Sectonia • Claycia • Dark Crafter • Susie • Max Profitt Haltmann • Star Dream • Dark Taranza • King D-Mind • Hyness • Void Termina|
|Enemies||Whispy Woods • Kracko • Kracko Jr. • Galacta Knight • Waddle Dee • Kabula • Lololo and Lalala • Meta-Knights • Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright • Paint Roller • Chef Kawasaki • The Squeaks • Wham Bam Jewel • Paintra • Hooplagoon • The Claykken • Francisca • Flamberge • Zan Partizanne • Morpho Knight|
|Anime-exclusive characters||Tiff • Tuff • Sir Ebrum • Lady Like • Escargoon • Mayor Blustergas • Chief Bookem • Customer Service|