Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Super Jump Punch is an attack that can be executed in all three Super Smash Bros. video games. The characters that perform this attack include Mario, Luigi, and Dr. Mario. You're able to do a Super Jump Punch after tilting the joystick upwards then pressing B, which will cause one of the three aforementioned character to thrust their fists up and jump high. If Mario happens to attack one of his opponents when doing this, then coins will spew out of him. This is basically a recovery move, though it can also be used to deliver damage.
Luigi's Super Jump Punch acts a bit differently. Rather than jumping high up and moving a little in the direction he's looking in, he essentially just jumps straight up, which overall is a poorer recovery attack. He also flips upside at the pinnacle of the jump as of Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Also, if he attacks an opponent while doing this, only one coin will be ejected rather than a multitude of them. Nevertheless, the attack can be much more devastating if performed correctly (the player executes the move when Luigi is standing in the same place as the opponent) - if you do, the enemy will be engulfed in flames, with the same noise the home-run bat makes, and they would receive up to 25% damage, 24% more than usual. It also has large knockback.
While Dr. Mario's Super Jump Punch is exactly like Mario's in Super Smash Bros. Melee, in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, it does much more damage ans knockback but it travels a shorter distance.
So far, the attack has appeared in Super Smash Bros. (Mario, Luigi), Super Smash Bros. Melee (Mario, Luigi, Dr. Mario), Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Mario, Luigi) and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U (Mario, Luigi, Dr. Mario).
The move's origin is from the way Mario jumps in his games, in that he jumps with his fist first. Coins appearing are similar to how they appear from blocks in the games. The coins that appear are based on the ones from Super Mario 64.
In Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/ Nintendo 3DS, each special gets 2 additional customizations to the standard move.
- Super Jump - A much higher variation of the Super Jump Punch that lacks offensive capabilities.
- Explosive Jump - A more powerful variant with less jump height. Leaves an explosion effect where Mario launches from dealing about 8% and at his fist with stronger knockback and 13% damage.
Dr. Mario's Customizations
Dr. Mario has very similar customizations to Mario
- Super Jump - Essentially the same as Mario's Super Jump though it may be slightly shorter
- Ol' One-Two - Much like Mario's Explosive Jump.
- Fiery Jump Punch - easier to perform the sweetspot but the sweetspot attack is a tad weaker and less vertical height
- Burial Header - Loses the sweetspot attack for the ability to hit on the way down, buries if the opponent is on the ground