The Super Scope was an accessory for the Super NES released in 1992. It was an over-the-shoulder light gun that succeeded the NES Zapper. The accessory was packaged with a 6-in-1 game called Super Scope 6.
Unlike the zapper gun for the NES, the Super Scope used a sensor that would be set upon the top of the TV, making the Super Scope completely wireless, but also meaning it had to be calibrated before each game and take batteries.And unlike NES Zapper, the Super Scope also appears in Yoshi's Safari and Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga as a weapon.
Also unlike its predecessor it had two trigger buttons, one on the top and one on the front handle where your thumb would be, therefore giving it a rocket launcher/jump/other button as well as the basic shoot. The Super Scope made an appearance in Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
The Super Scope is also a treasure in Tomodachi Life.
The Super Scope was an failure and sales ceased by 1997.
Games that worked with the Super Scope
- Super Scope 6 (came packaged with the accessory)
- Battle Clash (October 1992)
- Yoshi's Safari
- Bazooka Blitzkrieg
- Metal Combat: Falcon's Revenge
- Tin Star
- T2: The Arcade Game
- The Hunt for Red October (it is used for bonus games)
- The De-Evolution guns or "Devo" guns in the 1993 Super Mario Bros. movie were modeled after the Super Scope.