Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Takuhiro Dohta is a graphics programmer in Nintendo Entertainment Analysis and Development Department who joined in 2002.
His first major job at Nintendo was on Wii Sports. As the project was nearing its end, the team decided it needed another sport and Dohta was put in charge of it. They had to do Boxing in a rather short deadline but in spite of the time restraints, they finished it. Afterwards Dohta worked on some experimental games and provided program support to a couple games before working on Wii Sports Resort.
When deciding art styles for the new Legend of Zelda title on the Wii U, Satoru Takizawa and him experimented with models from the earlier Zelda games and making them HD. They found Toon Link to particularly striking and showed it to Eiji Aonuma. Dohta said they could make the game in time for Fall 2013 and the project got greenlit. For The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, Dohta programmed a tool that took the data from the Gamecube game to the Wii U without touching the model data all that much. Some still required a lot of work in the Wii U version
- Super Mario 64 DS - Touch Drawing Programming
- Wii Sports - Game/Graphic System Programming - Boxing
- Wii Play - Graphics Program
- Mario Kart Wii - Programming Support
- Wii Fit - Programming Support
- Wii Music - Programming Support
- Wii Sports Resort
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Programming Support
- Mario Kart 7 - Programming Support
- Nintendo Land - Graphics Programming Director
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - HD Refining Program Director
- Mario Kart 8 - Programming Support
- Xenoblade Chronicles X - Technical Support
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD - Program Supervisor
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii
- New Super Mario Bros. U
- New Super Luigi U
- Super Mario 3D World