During E3 2011 I'll post all of the Nintendo news here. When we get closer to the date (June 7-9) I'll post a link to this page on the front page.
- 1 Nintendo press
- 1.1 Wii U (Wii successor)
- 1.2 Wii
- 1.3 Nintendo 3DS
- 1.4 Nintendo DS (yeah right)
- 2 Quotes
- 3 Pre-E3 news
There was a TON of stuff announced at the conference (and afterwards). In no particular order, here's what was shown:
- Wii U announced. The successor of the Wii has a brand new, tablet-shaped controller with a 6.2 inch screen in the center, two analog joysticks, a d-pad and four face buttons. System has HD graphics.
- Zelda Wii U shown briefly. Gorgeous graphics, though it's probably just showing the tech and I HIGHLY doubt it's in development.
- A new Super Smash Bros. is being developed by…
Read more >
- 1 Nintendo press conference
There it was. I went to my local Best Buy specifically to see if they had it, and they did. Snuggled away at the end of the video game section was a 3DS demo unit. My heart skipped a beat and I approached it after a couple of guys were done. So many thoughts were racing through my head. Would it really work? Would my eyes bleed from the epicness (or pain)? All of my fears and reservations would either be proven true or squashed. So, what did I think?
I thought... IT WAS AWESOME! The game on display was Pilotwings Resort, and while the game was fun, I was there primarily to see if the 3D worked. And it did. The 3D depth slider is the star of the show. Jam it up all the way and the effect is put to the extreme, while if you move it down to the…Read more >
Hi! I'll be posting important GDC 2011 news here on this blog post. Iwata is giving the keynote address this year, but that's hardly the only thing to look forward to (but it is probably the most likely to bare some news on upcoming games). Speakers from Nintendo include:
- Satoru Iwata, performing the keynote address entitled Video Games Turn 25: A Historical Perspective and Vision for the Future.
- Hideki Konno, giving a session entitled Development Process of Nintendo 3DS
- Kensuke Tanabe from Nintendo and Will Bate, Ryan Powel, Aaron Walker, Bryan Walker, Michael Kelbaugh, and Chris Voellmann from Retro Studios giving a session entitled DONKEY KONG: Swinging Across Oceans.
The news from each event will be posted in their respective section.
Read more >
After around 4 to 5 years, I have made the decision to quit the Nintendo Wiki. I have had a lot of fun being the admin of the site from its early days on the Nintendopedia to the merger with Wikia, but I feel it is time to move on. I no longer enjoy editing the site as much as I once did and feel that it's been taking up too much of my time. This doesn't mean that I will never come back, but for now I have a lot of issues that I need to take care of and feel that the site and even video games need to be set aside for the moment.
Again, please note that this does not mean that I am leaving permanently.
BattleFranky202 and Ville10 have both been given the ability to promote users.Read more >
Hi guys! Wikia has just told me that our spotlight request will be accepted if we remove stub tags from articles that aren't actually stubs. Currently about 2,000 articles are labeled as stubs but a majority of them don't actually need that tag. So, if you come across a page that is a paragraph or more and has a stub tag, please remove the tag! According to Wikia, a stub is typically a page with 300 bytes or less.
Thanks in advance!Read more >