Void Termina also known as the Destroyer of Worlds, the Essence of Chaos and the Astral Birth is an ancient cosmic entity that serves as the final boss of Kirby Star Allies. Void Termina is shown to be able to alterate his appearance greatly during its fight against Kirby. He is worshipped as a diety by Hyness, Zan Partizanne, Flamberge and Francisca who bare its insigna and were the ones who freed it from his prison.
Void is said to exist in every single universe and was studied by The Ancients, which led him to being sealed away by a group of four heroes for the harm he could cause to the Kirby multiverse.
Long ago, The Ancients spoted Void Termina's existence when studying Another Dimension. They studied the cosmic entity and wrote a scroll about how to seal it away if needed, the extent of their research is unknown but it is said they they may have purposefully destroyed most of their knowledge of Void Termina to avoid someone with ill intent to abuse of its destructive power. Void Termina was eventually sealed away by four heros using heart spears like the Ancients wrote.
When he was banished, Hyness tried to obtain his revenge on the ancients by resurrecting the "Destroyer of Worlds" but he was ultimately defeated by Kirby and his allies. Void Termina is said to be able to take various form depending on the type of energy used to summon it. The official descriptions of the "Astral Birth" fight mentions that when Void is destroyed after being summoned by either "positive" or "negative" energy, he can incarnate as a new very powerful existence that acts as pure incarnation of the type of energy used to summon Void Termina. A lot of the wording used for said descriptions seems to imply that the members of Kirby's species as well as Zero/Dark Matter are such incarnations. Some parts of these descriptions were lost in translation and in the original version, Void Termina is refered to as "born as the origin of all chaotic possibilities, being matters of Dream, Dark, Soul, or Heart..." all of which are incredibly important concepts in the Kirby multiverse and would make him the creator of most of the laws of physics that govern said multiverse as well as the beings that are incarnations of these concepts including the soul bosses, Dark Matter, most of the magic and Kirby's species.
Void Termina pause screen (phase 1)
"Rise! Oh, Dark Lord of Despair! Crush the stars! Lay waste to care! Rise and cover the land in sorrows! May your symphony of emptiness bring the end of all tomorrows!"
Void Termina pause screen (phase 2)
"The shocking true form of Void Termina has been revealed! Born from the total absence of care and composed of dark energy, he has awakened from a state of mere existence to that of true sentience. He now desires only one thing…to CRUSH all opposition!"
Void Termina pause screen (phase 3)
"Rise! Oh, Dark Lord of Despair! Crush the stars! Lay waste to care! Upon your wing, dark judgment bring! May your symphony of tragedy cause the end of everything!"
Void Termina pause screen (phase 4)
"As the spring breeze blows, a young traveler appears. After greeting new friends and bidding farewell to old ones, his path has finally led him here. Let's beat this guy already! After that, lunch and a nap!"
Void Termina pause screen (phase 2, the Ultimate Choice)
"Hatred, obsession, jealousy, greed... The darkness gathered by Hyness has transformed into a corrupt power within Void Termina that conflicts with his newly forged soul. Chaos descends, but... you'll be OK. The Star Allies have your back!"
Void Termina pause screen (phase 4, the Ultimate Choice)
"No one knows from whence he came, only that he has existed for aeons, unchanging and unrelenting. Perpetually roaming the cosmos, he has finally arrived. And now, he has begun to feel. To desire. To think. Within the void, there lurks...a Soul!"
Void Soul pause screen
"No telling if it's true, but according to the ancient scrolls, Void Termina may rise again in other forms depending on whether positive or negative energy is gathered. It seems this being of darkness will wander the galaxy until one day he is reborn into a new existence. When he returns, hopefully it will be as...a friend."
Void Termina (phase 2, the Ultimate Choice EX)
"Void exists in all dimensions, but his shining form in another dimension inspired the ancients to transcribe his mysteries in sacred texts. What will be written next? Will the new scrolls describe a destroyer of worlds, or an ally to the stars?"
Astral Birth Void
"The final battle at hand, Void takes his first steps toward a new age. In place of tyrannical rage, will he find... naptime? Gentle breezes? Treats? He may even dream again... a dream of friends reunited!"
- The hilts of Void Termina's swords appear similar to the Master Crown, and the boss even summons a projection of the crown itself to fire lasers in its 3rd phase.
- One of the faces made by Void Termina's core form is similar to Zero Two's "angel" face (seen briefly at the start of the battle, before he reveals his true form).
- Void's pause screen also features him doing Zero Two's Angel Face
- The three variants of Void Termina's core often do Kirby faces. The most notable one being the smiley Kirby face Void does as he is defeated and incarned.
- Kirby and Void Termina share the same voice actress and every one of his sound effects are actually distorted version of the ones used for Kirby.
- Void Termina's core is also made to look similar to Kirby and the battle theme of Void Soul is a heavily remixed version of Green Greens's music.
- Additionally, Astral Birth Void's theme is a 8 bit remix of Green Greens to make it sounds like the original Green Greens.
- Void Termina's core share some attacks with Drawcia Soul and Dark Mind.
- Void Termina's true form resemble Dark Matter and Hyness imply that Void Termina has control over Dark Matter.
- Additionally, its ability to create things he has witnessed out of nothing is similar in both concept and appearance to an ability displayed by the Dark Matter clone in Kirby: Planet Robobot. This ability was later confirmed by the developers to be the ability to create things from memory, which could once again imply a relation between Dark Matter and Void Termina.
- The splash screen seen during the astral birth Void's fight is inspired from the design of Hyper Zone, which is the place where Zero is fought in Kirby's Dream Land 3.