|First game||Kirby's Dream Land (1992)|
|Created by||Masahiro Sakurai|
|Voiced by||Yuko Mizutani (Anime)|
Waddle Doo (Wadoruduu in Japan) is a enemy in the Kirby series and is similar to Waddle Dee. The only difference being able to attack nearby opponents with a beam and also has a huge eye for a face. They are among the most common enemies in the Kirby franchise.
Waddle Doo first appeared in Kirby's Dream Land for the Game Boy, where he appeared in a majority of the stages. In the games Waddle Doos unleash a string of beams that, if they touch Kirby, will harm them. If Kirby inhales a Waddle Doo, he will gain the beam copy ability. Waddle Doos have appeared in several games besides Dream Land, including Kirby's Adventure, Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards, Kirby Super Star, Kirby: Canvas Curse and more. The Waddle Doo have also appeared in the Kirby anime where they have been seen wielding swords.
Super Smash Bros. series
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Waddle Doos have appeared in Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Wii. King Dedede will often toss the Waddle Doo when the player presses left/right + B. The Waddle Doo may also appear during his Final Smash. A trophy of Waddle Doo was present in the game, the description of which can be seen below:
- "A creature identified by a single, unblinking eye. Like Waddle Dees, Waddle Doos roam about Dream Land and sometimes use parasols. Unlike their counterparts, though, they hate being approached--they'll fire a beam of energy at anyone who nears them, so don't think they're harmless like Waddle Dees. If Kirby swallows one, he copies the Beam ability and gains a jester's hat."
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U]]
Waddle Doo is no longer a part of King Dedede moveset but appears as a trophy in the 3DS version and as an enemy in the Smash Run mode.
- NA:"Two big eyelashes for one big eye? You're describing this beam-firing enemy from the Kirby series. This enemy may hop toward a fighter it spots and unleash an energy attack. The attack itself has a short range, but it can happen repeatedly and can stun. Unlike Waddle Dees, these guys will fight!"
- EU:"These one-eyes, two-haired guys from the Kirby series are hungry for battle. When one spots you, it'll close in slowly with the occasional hop. Then it'll attack with its Beam Whip, which doesn't really have a lot of range, but can shock and hit you repeatedly. Ahhh... If only they were more like Waddle Dees..."
- Waddle Doo - An entire site dedicated to the enemy.
- Kirby Wikia - The Kirby Wikia's page on Waddle Doo.