Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Wario series is a lucrative Nintendo property that stars none other than Wario himself. Wario first appeared in Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, though soon thereafter got his own series when his appearance in said game became so popular. Initially he was a villain to Mario, though currently he's just known as a greedy guy who'll do anything, whether it be good or bad, for money. And it pays off, as he's arguably one of the richest characters in the Mario universe.
Wario's popularity really shot up when Intelligent Systems created many of the WarioWare games. Intelligent Systems was the developer of 6 Golden Coins way back when it was released on the Game Boy, so technically they can be considered the creator of the Wario series. Intelligent Systems is a first party Nintendo developer, meaning that they're a Nintendo company in the same way that Nintendo EAD is. WarioWare became so popular that it is now its own spin-off series, which is without a doubt even more popular than the platforming games which started his career off.
- Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 - Game Boy, 3DS VC
- Virtual Boy Wario Land - Virtual Boy
- Wario Land II - Game Boy and Game Boy Color, 3DS VC
- Wario Land 3 - Game Boy Color, 3DS VC
- Wario Land 4 - Game Boy Advance, Wii U VC
- Wario Land: Shake It! - Wii
- Wario World - GameCube
- Wario: Master of Disguise - Nintendo DS
- WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$! - Game Boy Advance, Wii U VC
- WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$! - GameCube
- WarioWare: Twisted! - Game Boy Advance
- WarioWare: Touched! - Nintendo DS
- WarioWare: Smooth Moves - Wii
- WarioWare: Snapped! - DSiWare
- WarioWare D.I.Y. - Nintendo DS, Wiiware
- Game & Wario - Wii U
Other Wario Games
- Wario's Woods - NES, SNES
- Wario's Woods: Again - BS
- Wario's Woods: Burst of Laughter Version - BS
- Wario Blast: Featuring Bomberman! - Game Boy
- Mario and Wario - SNES
Companies that have developed Wario games
There have been a variety of developers who have created Wario games. Intelligent Systems were the first ones to make a game with Wario in it, and went on to develop the WarioWare series. A list of developers include:
- Intelligent Systems: Co-develop Various WarioWare games. Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, the first game where Wario appeared (although it's not considered a part of the series).
- Nintendo R&D1: Every Wario Land game excluding Shake It! Many WarioWare titles including the first one.
- Nintendo SPD1: Basically R&D1 reformed
- Good-Feel: Developed Wario Land: Shake It!
- Treasure: Created Wario World on the GameCube.
- Suzak: Creators of Wario: Master of Disguise on the DS.
- Hudson Soft: Made Wario Blast: Featuring Bomberman! for the Game Boy.
- GameFreak: Made Mario & Wario.